Monday, April 02, 2007

We Interrupt Your Scheduled.....

Sock knitting! The wool and wool blends are going to have to be patient and move to the back of the queue...cause it's getting hot 'round here!!

I wore my Monkey's into work today! (thank you for your lovely comments BTW!) My feet were so hot going to and from work and the little bit of running around I did! At work we have extreme AC so they are needed, but once I left work they were on fireeeeeeeeeee! (oh..and no comments about being close to a "certain" "time of my life" either ;)

So we must now start extreme ankle sock knitting! My collection of Fixation and Esprit, I have a few doubles, but they'll be longer socks one day, the singles will be ankle socks for Me, MIL, and DD. Some wild colorways huh? I plan on a few toe/heel contrastings going on!


Espirit and Fixation



Cotton, Cotton, Bamboo & Elastic blends
The cottons! Mixed with a little of this and that. Gee..um..I see a lot of blues, greens, pinks, a bit of brown, but you'd never know that I love red by looking here! Hint, hint to my future spring fling pal! ;) I've been collecting all of these here and there for the last year and a half, time to get knitting (on them and a million other things LOL!)

sockpr0n gave me the idea of using RYC Cashcotton DK, cotton with a little luxury, but I see that she used 4 ply, so I'll be using bigger needles..bigger needles..faster knitting?? We'll see. Again, I got a contrasting color for possible toe/heels. Anxious to see how the Wick turns out, hoping it has great wicking qualities..anyone use it yet? Big needles again, and contrasting yarn for possible toe/heels.

Panda Cotton to try and my Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy thanks to Cpurl and Carrieknits who both happen to live near the same shop that sells it, as they don't sell it on the website. Those will be longer socks too, but being cotton/elite, hopefully they'll be cooler.

Oh and check these out! Short Toed Socklets! Don't you hate it when you wear your thong sandals, flip flops, or whatever you call them, and it hurts/scrapes your insideofyourbigtoeareathatconnectstotheothertoe by the wearing of said shoes? Well I got the stretch yarn last year, but I think almost anything may work...we'll see....

Well I'm off to plan what goes on the needles first. :)

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh - the yarn goodness! Have fun knitting it up - but I know you will ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of sock knitting you've got ahead of you! The yarns are all gorgeous!

Bezzie said...

I like the idea of doing coordinating toes and heels. But looking at ALL those colors, I wouldn't know where to start!!!

Karen said...

What a perfect transition into warmer weather without giving up the addictive sock knitting!!! You've got a wonderful summer sock stash going on there. I look forward to seeing pretty socks all summer!

Jen said...

Hey Z, wick knits up so nice but it can get bulky fast, so I would definitely recommend NOT knitting a ribbed foot on your socks with it.

I need your address...I have something for you...can you email me? meangirl AT comcast DOT net

KnitPastis said...

I have been dying to try the RYC Cashcotton DK! I love so many of these yarns, whoohooo! What a stash!
Oooh, yes, I have that pattern for the toed socklets. Good use for the leftover Cascade Fixation yarn I have or maybe I should try it first with the Regia stretch if it's thinner. Cascade might be too bulky inbetween my toes. Either way, this pattern is quite adorable!

Liz said...

I have such thick callouses between my toes that it generally only bothers me on the first warm day. Hehe. There are several patterns for full 2-toed socks out there, even I have one (here.

Having tried other things like those socklets, I have to guess that they might give you foot cramps. It makes it harder to hang on to the sandal.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's already that hot for you! But look at all those wonderful cotton yarns to keep you cool.

I've got a little Esprit stashed away too, and I'm also wanting to try the Panda Cotton. I think we're headed for a summer of socks!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that it's so warm where you are! I think I'll be wearing sweaters until June.
You have great sock yarn there, I can't wait to see all of the socks!!

Elspeth said...

Great socks yarn! I can see some nice solid combinations with your Fixation singles!

cpurl17 said...

Darn you Zknitter! Now I'm tempted to buy MORE sock yarn!

I also need to find this carrieknits--she has a great stash!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic sock yarn collection!

Sonya said...

What a great summer sock knitting stash. Mine consists of 2 lonely balls of Fixation. I better go shopping.

Anonymous said...

How do you decide what to knit first!! That is such a pretty sock stash (a mini-flash-your-stash!!). I shall go hunt down cpurl too...I live that close to her stash :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought I had a lot of sock yarn! Such pretty colors. :)

sgeddes said...

Wow! That is a lot of cotton sock yarn! I have a couple skeins of sock candy to try this summer.

I'll be interested to see what emerges as your favorite.

lobstah said...

Is that your stash of Fixation? Wowza!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous yarn!
Envy, envy me!
Damn!

Jennifer said...

Ooo, sock blends are fun. I have some Panda Cotton too. More and more companies are coming out with cotton sock yarn. Have you cosidered a bamboo blend as well?

Alisha said...

Great yarn you have there....so many possibilities!!!!

I love those little flip flop socks...adorable!!

Christy said...

Look at you go, you summer sock knitter. Meanwhile I'm still finishing up a wool blazer for my sister, it will be ready just in time for the humidity in VA to take full effect.

Stacie said...

this is perfect! I was just asking the general blogland what to use for my husband, who wants socks but has really sweaty feet!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many pretties to choose from!

How will you ever pick?

turtlegirl76 said...

You are so right though. Here I am finishing up my Rock & Weaves tonight and will probably sweat my tootsies off tomorrow while I stubbornly wear them on their debut. Time to pull out the non-wools.

Unknown said...

Great yarn!

I have a quick question - could you tell me the yardage of Sock Candy? I just made a pair of socks with it and misplaced the ball bands in the move, and I was curious. :)

Rain said...

Oh the possibilities, you're spoilt for choice with such lovely yarn.