Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cross another one...

off the WIP list!

Presenting, better late than never....
Rockin' Cedar Creeks
Cedar Creek Socks
STR Lightweight in Gypsum
US 1.5 circulars, done magic loop
Started: April 4, 2008 -Sock 1 finished July 08
Finished: Sock 2--March 3, 2009

I started knitting them as part of a KAL.....but that KAL has been done for a while LOL..
The Eleventy-billion gusset
See here, eleventy-billion gusset stitches. You see the pattern has you pick up one stitch for every 2 rows on the heel flap. Well it was too holey for me and I didn't like it. Thus, I picked up every one...sigh..no wonder by the end my hands ached!!

Also note the eye of partridge heel. I think I knit sock 2's heel with too small of a needle...I still prefer good old slipped stitch heels though.
Close up of feet
Although knit almost 6 mos apart, they look pretty good. I love the colors together, not so much the pooling, but I can live with it :) I got the pattern when I was in the very first Rockin' Sock Club, it was the very first shipment. I was fairly new to sock knitting and was too scared to try it.

As you can see, not scared anymore!
026
Cedar Creek Socks-------DONE!

16 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! Finally! They look great! (I so didn't notice they said to pick up only every other stitch? I did the same dang thing as you.)

Stacey said...

Looks nice! They don't seem to pool that much actually.

I love that pattern - must try it myself!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Woohooo!!! Finito!! Those are absolutely gorgeous!! You are on a finishing roll!!!

weezalana said...

Those turned out great! I never would've guessed they were knit six months apart! Lookit you, cranking on the lingering wips, nice!

Chris said...

They turned out great! I love traveling stitches like that.

Trillian42 said...

Pretty!!! I love that colorway. The original one in the pattern wasn't my fave, but I like the pattern much better in this color.

Carol said...

Very nice...I love the color...

Karen said...

So pretty. I'm starting to think there is such a thing as Good Pooling and Bad Pooling. Those socks certainly have Good Pooling.

cpurl17 said...

Whoo hoo! They came out great and were worth the wait!

hehe I made a rhyme

chemgrrl said...

Ooo, those are pretty! I've been meaning to try that pattern, and now you've given me a kick in the right direction. :)

Carol said...

lovely! You are just speeding along ont hose wips ain't ya?

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I actually love the eye of partridge heel.

p.s. you would have loved it here yesterday - more snow!

sgeddes said...

The socks look great. I have the pattern - but haven't started the socks. I want to finish my leyburns that are part of a finished kal too.

You are finishing projects right and left! You are going to have to start casting on a bunch more projects so you have something to knit. LOL!

Unknown said...

They're awesome looking! Love them.

As for pooling, they're striping more than pooling and the Yarn Harlot taught us that the arrowish pooling in the gusset area almost always happens in heel flap constructed socks done in handpainted yarns.

Discoknits said...

Very nice indeed. Never fear the socks, people. They're easy, once you know how ;0)