Sunday, February 26, 2006

With 9 hours left....


I had to put the needles down....my caramel (aka wild oak) LP is done...no more left..The color I didn't think would run out, as you can see...did...I could just throw in the choc. souffle and call it finished...but I didn't enter this just to finish something haphazardly...it would have looked funny and I probably wouldn't even use it..so it is folded up in it's project bag awaiting a new skein to finish. You know I just had to keep adding rows to make the caramel part thicker..and I underestimated. It was interesting to compete and read how lots of people started something that they had never done before. I am glad it is over, I really don't like to concentrate on one knitting item at a time...I like variety. It was really hard not to pick something else up. So my soft Odessa hat yarn is waiting in the wings to comfort me.

I'm not upset; things like this happen..I mean at least it wasn't all over the press "expecting a gold" like the it is for the athletes. I did the best I could...

On another note, hubby asked me today where his socks were...this is the man who I asked "would you wear a knitted tie?" NO! Would you wear socks? NO....upon seeing my face..he said, well in the house ok! So I have my woolease wound, needles and these socks ready to go. (I mean what has he seen me do for the past 16 days....)(not too observant is he..;)

Well it is early morning and I am off to bed for a few hours!

10 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Aw, I'm so sorry you ran out of yarn! It's going to be so pretty when it is done, too.

I was thinking of using some leftover WoolEase from buddy's sweater to make him Thuja socks! I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Hugs,
Pam

Annie said...

The bag is very nice and I think it is great to hold out for artistry as opposed to speed. Can't wait to see the FO! Great socks, too. :-)

cpurl17 said...

Zonda,

If I knew a way to get the missing yarn to you today, I'd happily drive around to all our LYSs to find you the extra skein.

Valient effort and I can't wait to see it when it's done! :)

Bonnie said...

Your bag looks great. I really like the color combination. I hope you get more of the caramel color soon!

soapy said...

What a bummer! I'm sorry I Wish I had some to give you!! I love the colors combination! I do hope you find some soon

Anonymous said...

Those things hapenne just when you really don't need them. Believe me, you are not the only one!

allisonmariecat said...

The bag is going to be lovely! And doing "the best you could"--well, that's what the Knitting Olympics are all about. Good for you on waiting to make a perfect final product.

karenology said...

Your bag is gorgeous. You've earned a silver at least :)

Knittypants said...

What a cute bag pattern. I like the colors you are using, I am glad you are waiting for an extra skein, such a nice bag deserves to be finished well!

Zee said...

It's a beautiful bag, and I love the colors!