Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back Up!

Heh! I know I don't have to tell any of you this...back up yer files do I?? ;) I know it is a pain, and you don't want to do it...procrastinate, etc...me too! I only wished I had backed up a bit more and backed up my MSN saved files....darn it...lost a lot of good things there. Sigh...

Well we got our PC back from the Doc's. It's diagnosis was an unrecoverable worn out, just dog-gone tired hard drive...so it now has a new one and has been given to darling daughter for her use. Upon re-installing the many security programs one must have in this day and age...a virus was already trying to get it's way in as we were installing the programs! Geesh!

All is well and itunes was reloaded with back up disk. Said back up disk was before Christmas when DD did not have nano. Some 40+ downloaded songs later (lots of giftcards as pressies!) , and virus crashed computer (clickage on a baaaad link) they are totally unrecoverable. Itunes only allows you to download song once. :( Very sad DD! I only lost about 5 or 6 new songs since it was most of my music on the back up CD. Do you know what a PIA it is to have 2 ipods on 1 computer!!! Not...fun..

Look forward to new PC for me and hubby to arrive any day now. Now I won't have to fight share with her for internet time...although I probably should be knitting! Can't wait to see the new photo editing software either!!

EEEKK! No Boogie yet, up to my eyeballs in f** f*r! Soon, very soon!!

7 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Damn viruses!! Glad you're getting a new computer!!

sgeddes said...

Well hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you and the new computer comes soon! That is exciting!

soapy said...

hope your new pc arrives soon!

Rain said...

What a pain. I lost a lot of music a few years ago and it was so frustrating. Hope all goes well with the new machine.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. My husband and I also learned this lesson the hard way and now we back up everything!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry about your computer. My husband is fanatical about backing up files. How exciting to get a new one though!

weezalana said...

Sorry about the hard drive! :( Can't wait to see the new computer, though! :)

P.S. You know you can save files from your iPod to your computer, right? So even if they're no longer in your iTunes, you can actually go the other way and put them back if they're still on your iPod. It's a little involved, but possible.