Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just Boogie!

I got the Boogie Fever....(I didn't want that to be the title LOL!)

boogie1


Boogie Vest from Knitty
Lamb's Pride Bulky in Deep Charcoal, US 10's-Started with Denise needles, but because of my tight knitting and dragging, Bamboo circ's were used.


Although the color is darker as you'll see below, this was the best picture I could get of the cabling. I love to do cables! I currently have 2 cable WIP's right now and at least 1 more in the queue. The bulkiness did not allow me to cable without a needle, which I really like to do.

It would have been a quicker knit if I didn't have to sneak a few other projects in. I did have to redo the neckline as I did have a cable going the wrong way. I was so proud of myself that I fixed it by dropping down 7 stitches to do so....after I fixed it, upon closer exam, I realized I had messed up the beginning of the neckline by not following the pattern, and the kind of picky person that I am... it did get frogged and reknit.

Oh...did you want to see it on me?? It fits...I finally made something without arms that fits! Come to think of it, I haven't made anything with arms that fits...yet ;)


The Boogie pose

I may tuck in the shirt when I wear it for real! Sorry, no face as it was a looong day yesterday and I don't look spry!

It is warm and will be perfect for my trip! I get new socks and a vest to bring. Had to get a new suitcase. Hubby swore I'd have enough room..duh, something a man would say...When I told my son there may not be room for giftees, let alone yarn he told me, maybe you'd better get another one! You see, unbeknownst to me, they had thrown out the largest one we had.

All better now, I'm packed and ready to go...gotta do like 1001 things before I leave for the airport. Driving 1 1/2 hrs away as the gov't won't pay for us to fly out of the airport in our city and leaving verrrrry early. I probably overpacked the knitting. But you know, if I want to fit anymore yarn in...I'd better get knitting..right!

I'll be back next week! If I get computer access I'll check in.
Take care everyone!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Boogie in gray! Beautiful. :) (We're almost twins... I have one in oyster.) :D Great job!

cpurl17 said...

whoo hoo! Beautiful job!! Perfect for Seattle!

weezalana said...

Boogie indeed - it looks fantastic on you! Great job!

And you can never overpack your knitting. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Greta knitting, perfect fits! Can girl ask for a more!
BTW, I am also totally in cables these days! Cables rule!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the vest - it looks great on you.

Have a good trip.

Lisa said...

Looks awesome - I love that vest and love wearing them. I don't get as hot like wearing sweaters.

If you are going on a vacation - have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the vest. I have 3 store-bought ones (I keep saying I'll make one of my own, but you know how that goes). I like wearing them with an untucked shirt.

Have a good trip :)

Scoutj said...

Fantastic!!

sgeddes said...

Looks wonderful! I'm glad to see you;ll be able to take it on your trip.

I always pack an empty bag on a trip. I have a duffle bag that when empty folds down to almost nothing. That way if I find treasures that need to come home I have a way to get them there.

Jennifer said...

Lovely! It looks great on you.

Have a good trip!

lobstah said...

That is super-cute! It looks really nice on you.

Mamma said...

You look great. So cute. Makes me wish I could pull off a vest.

Sarah said...

I Love it!

Looks great on you too!

I love it when I see Knitty patterns on blogs, its almost like rediscovering them, you know?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's nice!! Congratulations!
Love, Sheryl

Rain said...

Ohh that's fabulous! It looks great on you.

Have a safe journey.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the vest! Have a safe trip!

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

What a gorgeous vest! Great job!Sue

Christy said...

Boogie down. It looks great.
I got the yarn the other day, and I love it. I'm thinking of making some Anastasia socks or Monkey socks. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome vest :) great job, it looks terrific!!

Bezzie said...

Yay! It fits! It looks great on you!!!!!