Sunday, January 06, 2008

Remember what I hinted about...

You know a major RIP of a WIP.... well here is a teaser to show you first!

Mini Clapotis
Silk Garden Mini Clapotis Scarf in progress since October 2006
Frogged it!!
Go me! Well as you can see, I dislike knitting scarves back/forth, so it sat there, and sat there, and even missed last year's FROGGING event. Well I had had enough! See the needles and stitchmarkers that are now free, and happy to be too, they told me! ;) I now have 4 skeins of this colorway free to be whatever they want to be.

And this....Scoop du Jour On the needles since..
Scoop Du Jour
August, 2005, **so embarassed here!** (I christened my first pair of Addi turbo's on this sweater.) Well I was all set to frog it, I mean really I was! I "knew" it was started in a size I'd never be able to wear again I doubt! Little did I know when I pulled it out of the dungeon, I was knitting the largest size and it is the same size I'm knitting the Tilted Duster, so...guess I gotcha all fired up to see something major..sorry! Now I know one is wool and one is a cotton blend, one will stretch and one won't but, I do have plans on removing some extra baggage around the old middle, so I think it'll work it in the end!

Time will tell, but I do plan on having this done in the next few months!! 1 front is all done, so all I need to do are sleeves and finish the other front. I even have the buttons! It is cotton ease, so I can't knit on it for long periods of time.

Whew! What a short weekend! I've been spoiled by 2 four day weekends! Well the sewing machine and other needles are calling me!! Hoping to have a shop update by the weekend!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do some WIP clearing out too. Good luck restarting the sweater. I am sure it will be really satisfying to get it finished up!

cpurl17 said...

It's rather freeing to rip out a WIP doesn't it?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Good for you!! Just think of what pretty things you can do with that Noro now!!

I remember doing this last year, because...ummm....I still have a few of the same ones! Ugh!

Glad the sweater may not need to be put to rest!

Bezzie said...

Oh man thank goodness...I can't imagine frogging something like that no matter how old!

thegabbyknitter said...

How cool is that! Now you don't have to rip it out yay!

LizzieK8 said...

Frogging can be so cathartic!

Karen said...

RIP one and keep one seems like a good deal. Especially if you are re-inspired to get the sweater done!!

Macoco said...

That would have been a lot to frog! I'm glad it's going to work out after all that time.

I can understand frogging the clapotis. I'm 75% through mine right now and I can only describe it as hideously boring. I probably should have frogged mine when it was the size of yours. ;)

Carol said...

Oooh. So what is the pretty Noro going to be? any plans?

weezalana said...

Ripping can be so invigorating! As can reviving - sometimes a time out is all a wip needs to get back in line. ;)

KnitPastis said...

At least you tried to tackle making one. If I would wear one, then I would have knitted one too. They look so pretty.

Tease, I want to see your Tilted Duster.LOL

sgeddes said...

I'm glad you were able to save the sweater. I thought you were going to end up frogging the Mary Poppins bag.

Now -what are you going to Make with the Noro?

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty blue for the sweater. Blues are my favourites. It will be good motivation!

Stacey said...

I'd be too scared to see my "forgotten WiPs"...they are safely hidden at the bottom of a bin. Hee. Your blue sweater is so pretty - I can't wait to see it!

Jennifer said...

Taking a look at the long-time WIPs and making some choices is always a good thing! I'm interesting in seeing your finished Scoop!

Anonymous said...

i know that noro is happy to be free!!! :-D

scoop du jour is a gorgeous color! i'm embarrassed to pull out my old unfinished objects!!!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

yeah for ripping what doesn't work and keeping what does!

Sonya said...

Such a pretty Noro colorway. Any idea what it wants to be? I love the Scoop Du Jour color. Cotton Ease is good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Great way to start off the new year! Now you have some 'brand new' pretty Noro, and are halfway through a new sweater.

Stacie said...

to frog or not to frog, that is the question! that noro is now free to be!

Knittypants said...

Yes, finish the cardi, it looks like it will be so cute.

Batty said...

Congratulations on your frog fest! And I agree that there's no reason to discard a perfectly wearable project -- unless knitting it bores you to tears and you know you'll never finish it.