Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wip's

Well, it's still Wednesday in blogger land, a bit later here...oh well!!

See, I'm getting there on my socks- 1 done and 1 cuff almost done

Oldest sock WIP

Left boob swatch for the Tilted Duster, which is really written in the pattern as the right! Sooo confusing! I won't tell you how long I spent researching it. Let alone knit it! It was frogged a bit (heh, that's an understatement!) I swear I can't pay attention to a pattern lately!!
Left boob swatch
What I am most proud of is the neckline (your right) I learned to do sloping bind offs...I love it!

FYI- Yarn is Berroco Peruvia in Azul. This yarn doesn't like to be frogged...hope it doesn't happen too much! First one gauge was off, this one, I think is going to be perfect. Down 2 needle sizes though!

This is just a swatch, I needed the size 9 needles I had started this swatch on, so I finished and it is spot on! :) whew!
Chunky Swatch
It's for the Big Ball Chunky Sweater from Spunky Eclectic in the Dogwood colorway, that's next up after TD..

Up this week...a major RIP project...yep, at least 2 I can think of, stay tuned! ;)

12 comments:

Sonya said...

The Peruvia is so pretty. I can see how it wouldn't like to be frogged though. I love your red socks!

LizzieK8 said...

Those socks look so warm! And the Peruvia is such a nice color!

Karen said...

Ooooh, everything is so pretty!!! How are you having time to work on all this stuff while sending out all the invites. You must rock!

sgeddes said...

Those sweaters are going to be great! I can't wait to see them develope.

Robin said...

You are sooo right about the Peruvia! I had a heck of a time frogging it, and I thought it was because I had wet blocked the pieces I was trying to frog. Although I'm sure the possible somewhat-felting didn't help, it's interesting to know it doesn't frog easily even without that additional complication.

Happy New Year!

weezalana said...

Can't wait to see all these finished!

cpurl17 said...

mmmmmmmmmm red socks!!

Wednesday just blew by me so I'll have to try again next week for WIP Weds!

Jennifer said...

Ooo! I love the color of the Big ball sweater!

thegabbyknitter said...

The socks look great. Both the colors of your tilted duster and your big ball sweater are gorgeous!

Batty said...

You are so good about swatching! I'm always terrified I'll run out of yarn and end up frogging it. I guess I never make them big enough either.

The sock looks great, the tilted duster sounds confusing, but I'm sure you'll get there. Can't wait to see what it looks like, all finished up and sorted out.

kemtee said...

The colors in Peruvia are great. I like all the subtle tonal changes. Though someone told me it sheds like a big dog.

It'll all be worth it. A nice, warm, stylish sweater coat -- eh, I can put up with a little fuzz.

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Yay! You started Tilted Duster. I can't wait to see how it turns out!