frogged. Yes folks, my oldest WIP is no longer. It truly was inevitable.
Scoop du Jour
I cast on in 2005 and used my very first Addi needles knitting the back. I didn't know much, except how to knit and purl, and it was my first attempt at a sweater. I also knit my first decreases on this back. For some reason, I just didn't work on it for a long while. 1 year later I picked it up and worked on the left front, and attempted the right front. But for some reason, I just didn't finish. I wanted to..but just didn't. Then the sock craze began.
This tiny area that has a row of knits instead of purls in my ribbing is what actually brought me to Knitty. I wanted to know how to fix it. They told me, but I was chicken to purposely drop a stitch. So it stayed as a design element.
The decision to frog instead of knit on, has been a while coming. I finally had to admit to myself that my knitting gauge has changed dramatically, and there must be some inner hidden reason why it never interested me to finish. Plus, that ever fear of "will it even fit". There is nothing wrong with the pattern, it was just me!
So onward I went, used my niddy noddy for part of the frogging and then my swift, once tied off, into the water it went.
Looks like it's walking on water, hehe, all crinkly looking.
The larger skein was on the niddy noddy so that was easier to dry and was straight. The other one needed the weight of the can to get a bit straighter, not the best, but it'll do.
Once dried, it was soooo soft. Oh..the yarn is Cotton Ease in Ice blue which is no longer available, but I bought a ton of them when they were on clearance.
All wound up and ready to go!
It's next life will be this sweater below, I'll be knitting with my pal. :)