Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time to knit....and some news

I should have a ton more done you know...I've never had this much time to knit. But, one does get a bit sleepy from certain teeny pills, and since one has like way too many things OTNeedles, it feels like one isn't getting much done. But it is!

Proof here below!!!

Yet another Meathead hat!
Yet another Meathead!
Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky I got in a swap, US 15 needles and it's for 300 Hats as it's wayyy too warm for Hats for Alex. Hehe..I didn't mind this gold color either as I knew it wasn't for me! :)
But as you can see....I had to try it on!

Pointed hat???Heh...I love this hat! Pointy, pointy, pointy, pointy! And no, I've not had any pain meds this morning...yet that is ;)


I was searching high and low for my US 7 tips. Well I found them stuck in this project.
M&D Washcloth
Been there for months...so what does a knitter do...she finishes it!!

Now I can bring back a few clothing WIP's and start another cause..................

Good news: not spread to lymph nodes--no chemo! :)

Bad news: they need more breast tissue to declare the margins "clear" so they have to go back in.

Good news: at the time of above re-surgery, will have catheter placed for 1 week of radiation therapy. 1 week is so much better than over 6 or more weeks. But I'm sure it'll be pretty intense.

Bad news: will most likely start on my birthday, and I'll be pretty tired, but hoping it doesn't interfere with my trip to Maine to drop of son for college.

Good news: It could be so much worse and for that I am thankful.

Plant from work
I'll close on a view of my fabulous plant from my co-workers! Off to rest and knit!

15 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

You have such a positive attitude about all this. It's wonderful to see. Glad you're healing well. We'll hope that the radiation goes as well if not better for you.

Karen said...

That's right, honey, lets rejoice in all the Good News and be grateful that the Bad isn't worse. In another month or so this will all be behind you. Then we'll really celebrate!!!!

Hugs n Kisses!

gilraen said...

Good news indeed!! Cross every bridge when you have to and enjoy the journey in between :)

I'm delighted that is was such good news :D

{{Hugs}}

Chris said...

I'm glad you got some good news! Rest up!

Jess said...

Yaaay for good news! Virtual HUGS!!! And FOs too! Glad to know things are alright over there, in the knitting and the real world. :)

kemtee said...

Good news is still outnumbering bad news and that's enough for me.

Give 'em hell, Zonda.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I agree! Yay for all the good news! YOu are going to beat this thing! And hey, at least you are finishing these long lost WIPS ;) Big hugs!! Lots of rest!!

weezalana said...

Another big yay for the good news! You've got just the right attitude and positive energy about this. Rock on, sister! (Okay, I really can't pull that off...)

Robin said...

That's great that you don't have to do chemo! I couldn't post a comment on the most recent post for some reason (wasn't seeing it on your blog, but did see it in Bloglines) but the yarn you're using for Aleita is gorgeous swatched up!

Kara said...

I am so happy about your news. Your attitude is amazing!

(PS-I agree. Love the pointy hats.)

Jen said...

Hey girl, just catching up on my blogs...sorry you are having to go through this & love you. Just wanted to say. If I lived nearby I'd bring you a big ol' chicken pot pie. :)

Hugs - Jen

Sonya said...

Super big Yay for no chemo! I agree with Karen; it won't be long before this is behind you. I'm glad to see on your Wed. WIP post that you are making effective use of your rest time! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that there's some good news, and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

thegabbyknitter said...

I'm so far behind on my blog reading and am just catching up. I'm glad everything went well with your surgery but I'm sorry that they have to go back in. It's awesome that you don't need Chemo and that the radiation will only be a week I'm just sorry it has to start on your birthday. Love the hat and the discloth. Hugs to you and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as always.

peaknits said...

Oh I do love those pointy meatheads:) And that good news - it's pretty darn good - yay! I hope things keep going well! Take care!