Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random blog fodder

Stolen from Jo

How many have you tried? If you'd like, feel free to follow the same guidelines:

1) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2) Bold all of the sweets you've eaten
3) Cross out any of them that you'd never ever eat.
4) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your "To Do" List.

1. Red Velvet Cake
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie--sigh I lost my best recipe with my Mom's writing... :(
4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
5. Beignet
6. Baklava
7. Black and white cookie
8. Seven Layer Bar(also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
9. Fried Fruit pie(sometimes called hand pies)
10. Kringle
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut about the only Krispy Kreme ones I like
12. Scone with clotted cream
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy
14. Halvah-- I don't Halvah clue ;)
15. Macaroons
16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers--a dessert staple in the South
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca "pearls)
18. Dixie Cup
19. Rice Krispie treats

20. Alfajores
21. Blondies

22. Croquembouche --I've always wanted to try this!!
23. Girl Scout cookies
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple
26. Baked Alaska

27. Brooklyn Egg Cream (This is a drink, right?) (I agree, what is it?)
28. Nanaimo bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake
31. Sachertorte
32. Pavlova

33. Tres Leches Cake
34. Trifle
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key limes)
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake
39. Napoleon
40. Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake

41. Anzac biscuits
42. Pizzelle
43. Kolache
44. Buckeyes
45. Malasadas --heck a doughnut, I'll eat it! ;)
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch baby
48. Boston Cream Pie
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
50. Pralines
51. Gooey butter cake
52. Rusks --not that I know of
53. Daifuku
54. Green tea cake or cookies
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. Crème brûlée--gulp...yum!

57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake) Finally had my first Snickers bar...um..tooo sweet for me!
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting --Hehe just yesterday for dessert at lunch...baaad girl
59. Jelly Roll
60. Pop Tarts

61. Charlotte Russe --oh but lady fingers, I'd love to try this!
62. An "upside down" dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
67. Kulfi
68. Linzer torte
69. Churro

70. Stollen --didn't like this
71. Angel Food Cake
72. Mincemeat pie
73. Concha
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat
77. A piece of Gingerbread House

78. Cassata
79. Cannoli
80. Rainbow cookies

81. Religieuse
82. Petits fours
83. Chocolate Souffle

84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
85. Rugelach
86. Hamenstachen
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)
90. Divinity --ask me about the time we let it mix for 40 mins with no results...sigh..love it but need the right weather to make it!
91. Coke or Cola cake

92. Gateau Basque
93. S'mores
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert
96. Joe Froggers

97. Sables
98. Millionaire's Shortbread
99. Animal crackers
100. Basbousa

Oh..yikes..a lot of bold there! Not much I'd not try again, then again, if I haven't tried it yet, don't know if I like it!

10 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, you have to try Nanaimo bars! If you like I can send you a recipe :)

cpurl17 said...

Wow! there are a lot of sweets I've never heard of!

weezalana said...

I'm not much of a sweets girl, so wouldn't have much bolded! But I've always scratched my head at the idea of having cheddar cheese with apple pie. Who came up with that idea!

Bezzie said...

Have you ever tried having someone decypher your mom's handwriting? I'll bet it can be done! (Of course you do work w/Dr.s don't you...hmmm...)

Bezzie said...

And yes, egg creams are a drink these NYers and NJers love. I don't think there's egg in them, but the name along kind of grosses me out!

Carol said...

I don't think my waistline would appreciate the list much. But my taste buds do!

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Just reading this list is packing on holiday pounds before the holiday.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what half of the things on this list are....but I'm suddenly VERY hungry.

kemtee said...

An egg cream is basically an ice cream soda without the ice cream. No eggs or cream in it. Chocolate syrup, milk, and seltzer water. A NYC thing. Never been partial to them, myself, but then I'm an upstater.

Jennifer said...

Now I'm so hungry. :-)