Friday, January 02, 2009

YPF-New Year Edition

When I went to SAFF I vowed not to get a lot of sock yarn like I did before. I wanted sweater/vest amounts and purchase yarns I didn't couldn't get easily.

Since 2008 seemed to be the year of the Hat for me LOL..well there was a reason why sweater knitting stopped for a bit.

2009 is going to be the year of the sweater. I have 3 in progress and swatching for another. One won't even be knit on until the spring, but this year..it will be done!


Brooks Farm Mas Acero
Blue and black--jeans and black or black jeans and blue, 2 staple colors in my wardrobe.
Brooks Farm Mas Acero
Still not sure what sweater it'll be. I do have 1200yds so I will be limited.

Brooks Farms Mas Acero
Brooks Farms Mas Acero Lakeside Shadows
400 yds of Wool/Silk/Viscose

Won't be a February Lady Sweater, that's already started in another yarn and will be most likely finished in February. I still have a couple of others to finish before then. I've also got it on good authority that this yarn does drape well and grow with wear, so I'll have to be careful what I do knit. Any suggestions??

8 comments:

Jo said...

Could you get a vest out of 1200 yards? I love blue and black together.

Bezzie said...

Hmmmm....something that's OK to get drapey. Hmmm.........I'm going to have to shower on that one!!

It's quite beautiful! But I don't think I've met any Brooks Farms that wasn't!

Knitty Cent said...

a basic top down sweater or cardigan would probably be really nice/gorgeous out of this yarn. something cute and basic to go with your denims!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty!!! The year of the sweater! Now that sounds like a plan :)

DPUTiger said...

That's for me, right? Right? ::taptaptap:: is this thing on? ;-) j/k, of course. Love that yarn!

Discoknits said...

LOVE this yarn. I made my mom a Provincial Waistcoat from it last year. She likes it a lot. I got two hanks of this and only used 1 and a little bit of the second. It was a delight to knit with :0)

Karen said...

That is SO pretty!!! And I love the Year of the Sweater idea. I want to try and knit quite a few sweaters this year too. So much yarn . . . so little time. *sigh*

turtlegirl76 said...

Well, that's what my FLS is made out of so yeah, talk about drapey and growing! Very cozy though. It really works well with a lacy pattern.