or just plain old obstinent, stubborn, crazy, you guess which one!
Well by now you know I just can't have "nothing" go wrong with my knitting projects!
Case in point, um..er...deciding to knit the button band on Mr. Lipstickjeans wider (total 2.5" before bind off) to help with the fit. (sorry in advance for the blinging pics...dammit red!)
Well, you see to the right, still on cable and about to be bound off...errr...methinks I should have knit the buttonhole a few rows earlier...sigh..
But you know...I have like 250 stitches for the button band (both sides and neck) and....I would have to frog 9 or so rows to fix.... so not happening if I had anything to say about it!
So I contemplated and asked around a bit....got a few suggestions too.
Then I decided to be fearless.
I sewed up the buttonhole best I could...
I was sent this website on crochet steeking (hehe..yes I know it's crochet ;) I finally centered the crochet buttonhole the way I wanted....
Then since I wasn't at a bar, only at knit nite where there was only coffee....I just did it.
I steeked a buttonhole...I was sick to my stomach for a minute...then I said what the hell! I mean no one will see it after I put the button through...It's centered, and I like it well enough...not perfect...
The finished product. It finally dawned on me to use the buttonhole stitch to reinforce it.. I carefully removed the mess I was making and did that. It's not the best, but much better than frogging and reknitting. Yarn wasn't the issue...gosh I have 2 full skeins and about 3/4's of another leftover. I even had gauge and used same needle sizes as the pattern.
Yes, that is the circular cable still on there. Yes, I still have 250+ stitches to bind off....then the bath....then we'll see how the buttonhole held up and if I if was being fearless or ......... stay tuned!