Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pansie Pansy

I love the real ones, but sadly haven't planted any this year yet. These imposters socks will have to do for now!

Pansie Pansy
Little Pansy Socks pattern by Karen, my Sock a month KAL's partner in crime :)
Zen Yarn Garden Superwash DK Yarn
Pansies Colorway
US 4 Addi Circ, Magic Looped
Mods, other thank ML'ing I did add 3 rows of plain knitting before I started the heel flap and left 10 stitches to K-stitch the toes. A nice relaxing pair to knit.

In the first knit up of this yarn, it was supposed to be another pair, but I didn't like the pooling.. However, the yarn is so soft and easy to knit with, and best of all it's DK :)
Partridge heel
Eye of Partridge Heel and see, not too bad in the pooling, hardly any.

I'd love to have Pansy's in these colors too.
Toe Pick!
Toe Pic for you Cristi

I'm also happy as this is another WIP(well they started out as another pair of socks!) from May of 08 finished! (still um...er..a few more to go, but I'm getting there.)
See..they are planted ;)
Wait, see, I'm planting these!!! (hehe, um, not!!)

15 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for toe pics!

They are beautiful! The yarn looks gorgeous in simple stockinette. So pretty!

DPUTiger said...

Looking good! I just love ZYG. Roxanne is a fantastic dyer!

Stacey said...

hee hee those are cute! :)

Andi said...

LOVE them, and the color!

Carol said...

Very nice....The colors are pretty

Amanda said...

SO pretty! I love love that colorway!!

sgeddes said...

I love them! They would probably be great for my yard. The deer eat all my other flowers. Knitting flowers may be the solution.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so pretty!

Elspeth said...

Toe pic? How did you know I watched all three of the "Cutting Edge" movies recently? ;)

Carol said...

Oooh pretty. Maybe I should knit myself a coupleof ankle socks. Tehy work well at work in the a/c. Damn, now my queue got longer.....

Renna said...

Those really are pretty, and I love the way you displayed them for photographing-very clever!

Kaye said...

Holy cow, I love that color! I might have to plant some pansies now!

weezalana said...

Very pretty!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those are gorgeous!!!! So pretty!

Yay for finishing WIPS and yay for DK!

Karen said...

Ooooohhhh, you used my "so-called-pattern" - although it really isn't a pattern. Just a list of my stitch counts and such. LOL

They are so gorgeous. That yarn is so fabulous, it would make any pattern look good!