Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Fibery Friday

The fun part about getting into spinning is trying out different fibers.

Pansy Majestic
A lovely belated birthday fibery gift from Megan. My local spinning and fiber pusher!

017
Sooo soft and squooshy!

015
Light too!

Pansy Majestic
I divided them exactly into 1.80 oz each..no clue on how that worked so well!
Pansy Majestic Colorway
BFL Pencil Roving

Not sure if I was supposed to separate the 2 strands of roving. I didn't and will see how it spins up.

I am getting better, this is my 3rd bobbin (shhh we don't count the practice fiber)
038
It's Falkland

Just to show you I'm improving...
040
Left bobbin is first, spun before vacation in June. Right bobbin finished this week. This roving came in 2 braids so it was easy to divide. I'll be plying it as soon as the Falkland above is done. (Soon Bezzie, Soon!)

I'm learning a lot from my friends, virtual and local, but I have tons more to learn!

13 comments:

Dave said...

Wow, big improvement. I think my first bobbin looked pretty much like yours. :-)

I think you are supposed to divide the pencil roving in two lengthwise so you have even halves, but I don't think it matters; it should work fine the way you did it.

turtlegirl76 said...

Go Zonda! It's looking great!!

cupcakefaerie said...

Lovely spinning!

DPUTiger said...

Pretty fiber!

cpurl17 said...

You're going to end up havig your own yarn line!

Anonymous said...

Your spinning is looking great!

Paula said...

I'm impressed! I took a class on spinning at the library & it's not for me! we spun on hand made spindles using 2 cd's a dowel, and a cuphook--with a few plasticy things. It was TOUGH! I said I'll just buy my yarn!

Bezzie said...

I'm glad you put some of the spun stuff at the end! Hahahaha! I was gonna say....;0)

I love that pinky purple stuff! So rich!

aija said...

Yay for awesome fiber and spinning friends! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow!! Look at that improvement!! And such gorgeous colors!

Batty said...

Ooooh, pretty! You're definitely getting the hang of it.

Jo said...

I love how dramatic the pinks and blacks are against each other.

MsKnottyKnits said...

Zonda's got her spinning mojo!! Woot!

(And hey, while I may be a pusher, at least I only push/shove/force good things!)