This weeks topic is 10 ways to entertain a child. Since it doesn't say if "I" have to entertain them or how old the child is, I'm a winging it!
1. Give them empty boxes, because if you give them a box with a toy inside, they only want the box.
2. Play their favorite cartoon, movie, etc. Hey..who hasn't been guilty of this, especially if you wanted a few more minutes of sleep, etc. ;)
3. Dance to music, any kind. The wilder the better.
4. Talk in funny voices. Especially if you are reading to them.
5. You know those little red LED pointers that speakers use during a presentation..um..er..the wee ones love to chase that red dot around the house...I don't "personally" know..I may have seen it happen though ;)
6. Sing in funny voices...
7. Old photo albums of yourself...yeah..depending on the age of said child, they will most likely laugh for a while...days maybe ;)
8. Catch fireflies, well, maybe this isn't for everyone ;)
9. Teach them how to use two lids from saucepans, bang them together like a cymbal and wake their sibling up...
10. Fill balloons with water on a hot day and if young child, play pass the balloon while getting further and further from each other. If older child, show them how to peg their sibling...or Mom...or Dad...or the dog..with them...Hey, around here in these hot parts, I'd volunteer to be pegged with one...or two.** (btw....peg is what we called it when we threw something at someone and it actually landed on them.)
**disclosing I am not responsible should your child decide to do this to you ;)
There you have it, my first Ten on Tuesday!