Sunday, October 24, 2010

Have you ever wondered....

How many bones are in the human body. Probably not something one thinks of in their everyday life. Well, that is unless you are an Xray Technologist like me...er..well I deal mainly with veins and arteries now, not much with bones per say..oh ok, back to the point..

There are 206 of them, some are very weeny and in your ear....yes I said in your EAR! ;)

Please look here! Then come back here and tell me whatcha think!

Amazing or what! Not something I'd ever try, but it's pretty cool I think!

Thanks Marissa for showing me this amazing exhibit!

Still here, still knitting some deadline knits and still waiting...and waiting...and trying to be patient. (sure would have helped had we known the whole process could take a month or more...sigh)

6 comments:

Discoknits said...

That is quite incredible. Can you imagine how long that took to plan and execute? Wonder how many times it got ripped!

dianne said...

That is crazy! I have so many questions though. What inspired it? How long did it take? What yarn did they use? Seasonal decoration? Oh my!

Kaye said...

I actually DID know there were 206 bones in the human body! It's one of those factoids from 2nd grade that never left my brain. Ha ha!

I'm amazed at anyone that can "sculpt" with yarn that good. Pretty cool!

Jo said...

That's a little creepy - I wonder how they came up with the dimensions. And I am oddly curious as to why the skeleton is stacked on top of Eagle Brand condensed milk.

Lynn said...

I've seen this on another blog and am truly amazed by the ability of it all.

Knitting Kris said...

That is an amazing display!
PS - love your colorful handspun!