Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm just a tote....

Just a lonely new tote chest, and I'm sitting here waiting to see what I will be filled with. Hope it's something soft and squooshy...not some boring books or ugh...clothes...I'm a biggun...I can hold 40 gallons :)


013
You see my new owner is moving across a few states and will be living in temporary quarters for up to 6 months... (shhhh she's a little tense about that...something about living here for over 20 yrs makes her a bit nervous...excited, but nervous)

016
She's trying to decide just what yarns and projects (mainly those like 3+ sweaters she needs to finish knitting, oh and the 3 socks in progress).. can go inside...she won't have her craft/fiber/yarn/sewing/guest room again for a while...she's not quite sure of what to think of that...she'll get over it I know...she's a good trooper...however...those decisions...they vex her...she needs her fibery fixes to keep her sane...hmmm...

Don't mind her if she's here sporadically over the next few weeks or if she blabs on about the so called "fun" of moving.....she told me something about people coming over to fix up the place...to pick it apart and see just how much someone will pay for it...to decide what goes on the truck and what must stay behind to be loved in a new home...

Decisions....Decisions...

ETA: Turns out, we'll be renting a smaller moving van for our necessary things for at least 6 months (hoping for less)and towing our truck...more yarn/patterns/fiber is necessary right....right... ;)

ETA part deux: Hubby confiscated this tote and put dvd's and the wii in there...had to buy a new one ;) a bigger new one ;)

5 comments:

kingshearte said...

Use the bin to make sure you have all your "hard" supplies, so to speak. Needles, scissors, etc. You can always buy more yarn...

Good luck on the move. The first time I moved was after 17 years in the same house, and it was definitely one of the more stressful experiences of my life, so I don't blame you for being nervous. But you'll get through it.

Anonymous said...

:::shaking::: MOVING? Oh so scary (and fun sometimes).

Have a great move and we'll see you when you can get here.

Lynn said...

Hmmmm, I would store all your MUST HAVEs in that bin. Maybe put a smaller bin in it for smaller items so they dont get lost. When we moved from NY to FL, my box was MUCH smaller than this, but after a day of moving and family and stress, I opened that box and just played. It made me feel SOOO much better!

dianne said...

Pack all your comfort stuff in there, no matter how silly it may seem now. The reality is you'll probably be busy the first couple months getting settled and finding your way around and probably won't have much time or energy to knit or spin. But when you do you'll want comfort knitting. Hang in there, the end result is worth it!

Anne said...

If you pack yarn and fiber, smoosh it into space bags - will definitely increase how much even the new and improved tote box can hold, and keep moving perils (like water) away. Ask me how I know...
But of course, it won't look as soft and inviting and comforting when you open the box of yarny treasures.