Monday, April 02, 2012

Whiz Bangs

When we first saw this colorway, it looked like this....

Whizbangs!
4 oz. of superwash merino by Two if By Hand

Whiz bangs
After 1 bobbin, it looked like this...
sigh...
Spin 2 bobbins together and it looks like this....279 yds of sport/fingering weight.

Whiz Banging socks
After a while, it became these......Which didn't fit, but I kept knitting...

Then after a lot of denial....they looked like this again...
Frogged my Whiz Banging socks...

Then a few months later we saw this....
Whiz Banging Socks

Then we saw this picture....
Drying in the AZ sun!
Drying in the afternoon AZ sun in like a few hours if that!

We have toe pics!
013
You can't see it but one of these toes had to have surgery...yeah I forgot with Wendy's toe up patterns, I often have to start my heels earlier than my usual 7.5 inches...that wasn't fun to pull out and reknit...

and heel pics!
Heel Pic!


The usual ribbing bind off of JSSBO
JSSBO

And here is the finished project! If I didn't love the colorway so much, I wouldn't have these finished socks!
011
Whiz Banging Socks
Sport weight toe up socks with gusset heel by Wendy Johnson
US 2.5 circs knit ML one at a time... much better!!
No mods....


eep!
Best part of toe up socks....using almost every little bit of yarn!

4 comments:

dianne said...

That is a great color way. I'm so glad you stuck with it!

marilynknits said...

I love your socks Zonda!

Gail F. said...

Wow, your spinning is really nice! Especially love the colors & the socks look fantastic!

Carol said...

I love it when there is only a dribble of yarn left!