Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in Review

Well it's almost 2007. I wasn't going to post my knitting year in review, mainly because I didn't think I did much and had more WIP's (and sadly still do!) than FO's. But as you can see below...I am much more cheered up..I actually did finish some things and a few others I can remember that I didn't even photograph.

As you can first see, 2006 was the year I learned socks. I learned cuff down, toe up and short row heels (thanks to Cristi)! I um..also learned about sock yarn....that's all I'm going to say about that! ;)



2006 Socks
L-R: 1st pair in plain stockinette, Thuja's, CF ankle socks, 1st 2 circ sock, sockette
r-2: 1 red/1 black stripe, Ocean Socks, CF ankle sock, Anastasia, 1 Thuja

Ribbed Neo socks-almost forgot these, my 2nd pair
Neopolitan sock Fuzzy Feets Fuzzy feet


Other knits of the year!

2006 Knitting Projects
L-R: Panta, Elizabeth bag, Milky Way bag, baby bolero
r-2: Odessa, Flower bloom washcloth for CASP2, Dulaan Hats, felted bowl for One-skein pal
r-3: VooDoo wristwarmers, Baby hats for Alex, turkey dish cloth, Cherry Garcia neckwarmer
r-4: oops I did it again, knitted purse swap bag, face cloths, oven mitts


2006 Knitting Projects
L-R: Hat for Dad, Brown gable to be frogged and reknit as XLarge is too large!, ipod case
r-2: Irish Hiking Scarf for hubby, pink hat/scarf set for gift, felted bowl for Summer Fling Pal
r-3: illusion dish cloth, Hat for Alex, Red scarf for 2006 project.

I have Red Scarf 2007 on the needles, along with a purse for a fellow Knitwhit member I promised a while ago. I'll be knitting on these two things over the next few days.

No big resolutions for 2007, other than really trying to knit what I have on hand, finish my WIP's!!! Knit more socks, sweaters, and enjoy it!

I do want to try to stop overextending myself. I often think I can do so much in what little time I have to knit in the evenings, and weekends. So I guess that is really my resolution....learn to say "no" I'm going to finish this before I start something else, and no I can't do X amount of swaps at a time! I have to learn time management or something like that! ;)

Happy New Year!!

19 comments:

Knittypants said...

All these year in review post are so inspiring! It sure adds up.

I really like your Elizabeth bag, the browns are so nice together. I have the pattern kicking around maybe I should do mine stripy, too.

sgeddes said...

Your sure knit a lot of great things this year. You didn't even show all the sewing you did. You have been very busy!

I hope you have alot of fun in 2007!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I heart your socks. I think it's finally time to attempt socks once more. Your finished objects are amazing!

cpurl17 said...

You are amazing! I just don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do because I enjoy your knitting!!

Scoutj said...

You did a LOT! I just posted about not wanting to do a review either. lol

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year - all the pics look great! Do you have a finished (felted) pic of the striped Fuzzy Feet?

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year! You certainly knit a lot! Yay for you!

Bezzie said...

Holy cow! I learned to knit socks this year too and dang woman! You blew it out of the water! Look at all those socks! In addition to everything else!
I love these FO trips down memory lane!

KnitPastis said...

Check out all this knitting you did!! Wooohooo, love the socks and everything. I agree, doesn't even include all the sewing and quilting projects you did either. How do you do it all:) Great job and photos!

turtlegirl76 said...

It sure adds up when you sit and put it all together doesn't it? Fabulous job! It's hard to believe we knit so many socks isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It's looks that you accomplished quite a lot this year! Love all the socks! Have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing 2006 gallery! You are inspiring. I hope you have a happy and knittingful 2007.

Jessica said...

Hey, you knit alot this year! You should be proud. Sometimes I see what people knit and I think "how do you have time for all that?!". Between work, the gym, cleaning, live-in bf, dinner, etc.. I take what time I can get to knit! Good luck on your resolutions!

Fiberbliss said...

I would say it was a knitful year. You have many finished projects to show for it. Great job!! Happy New Year!

Rain said...

Wow, you've made so much. It's fantastic to see everything together.

LadyLungDoc said...

Wow! Them's alot of FOs!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how productive you were, and there are some true gems among your FOs!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! You got a ton of stuff knit up!!! Good for you. :)

weezalana said...

Love your roundup, you knitted up some fabulous FOs! Thuja is on my list of socks (and oh, what a list it is :P) to knit for 2007.