Monday, April 10, 2006

Ice Creamy Goodness!

Ha! Got you! Sorry no ice cream here! But peruse below and see the finished Neopolitan Socks!
Looking at them makes me want a bowl right now!



Modeled by my darling 11 y/o daughter who sadly wears the same size...she's eyeing them! (only sad cause man she's 11...I'm...hehe older!) I can see a sock thief in the making! Little does she know of the suprise socks I'll have for her!

Road Trip Socks

Yarn by Heather

size US 2 addi's

Time...hehe way too long! (about a month!)

I loved knitting with this yarn, very soft and as you can see, the striping turned out great for a newbie like me..This is my 3rd pair of socks ever! If you look close up, you'll see a ecru thread along the heel(forgot the other one!) & toes, that is wooly nylon for reinforcement. I have a good color selection of this thread and will use it when needed.
Check off another WIP! Now onto my sockettes in KP's sock garden pansy! Then finally a pair of
Thuja's in Regia Silk for my hubby, who is so patiently waiting for them!

18 comments:

Karen said...

Those socks came out great!!! Thanks for the pattern link - I think I'll try it too. Hide them from your daughter!! :)

Trillian42 said...

They look so cute!

And you are right - now I totally want a bowl of ice cream...

Knittypants said...

Your icecream socks are awsome!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I printed the pattern--thanks for including the link! They are now on my to-do list of future socks!!

cpurl17 said...

You are the sock queen. I love those colors!! I bet you'll never get those socks back from your daughter ;)

knottygnome said...

very nice colors. i love the ice cream theme.

MBT said...

Fabulous socks - and I suspect it is great that you have a photo because if your daughter has her way you will never see them again!

Thankfully, my daughter is still a few sizes smaller than me footwear-wise so I am safe...for now!!!

Bezzie said...

Mmmm...those are delish! And I dig the way the heels are "strawberry" on the bottom!

aija said...

Delicious! :)

Rain said...

The socks are fab. I'm not surprised she wants to stael them. Hang in there though - those feet of hers are only going to get bigger!

Elspeth said...

Great job! My friend's niece gives her hand me down shoes too -- and my friend's not a small person. I guess you can look at it as your daughter won't be stealing your shoes?!

chacha / Jen said...

They look great! Those colors are so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I love them! Great job..

Samantha said...

they are simply yummy!

Ragan said...

They are so BEAUTIFUL!

lexa said...

Those are too cool!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great socks! I love the colours!

Beth Roy said...

Love your neopolitan socks! It's funny - my April socks were dubbed the Rainbow Sherbet socks by my daughter Caroline, who by the way has very big feet as well. Caroline is five and her feet are almost as big as my 10 year olds!