Tuesday, July 11, 2006

An FO and a question????????

Hello there!! Let me tell you I have never been able to knit for more than bits/pieces at home as you all know, always something to do or someone (human or pet) that needs something from you. Sitting in the car for 5+ hours allows you to:

Make progress on your Brown Gable (more on that below!)

Start a to be felted project on the way home, finish it that evening (had to drive for a few hours or it would have been done!), and felt in the morning and you get...a felted bowl from One-Skein made of Lambs Pride Bulky in Pine Tree! (hehe bulky/pine tree I'm a poet...) Ahem...Ok I badly needed a quick FO and this was it. Also, what do you do when you can't find US 15 DPN's?? You get a dowel, cut into 5 pieces, and grind them to points....now all they need is a little sanding and some waxed paper, of which I have none, but they worked fine for the few rows I needed...ever try to do ML on Denises??? Impossible on this cord...oh well!




Prefelted

Postfelted bowl inside to shape it!

US 15 DPNS




Ok, on the brown gable, see that raglan sleeve to the left...straight line huh! (sorry if you click on the pic, it is blurry!) See the seam to the right...by my finger a little jog, not sure if it is an extra stitch, twisted stitch, or what...waaaa! However, not sure if it is enough to frog...yet as I posted prior, I thought the lace part was a little confused (well I was) but it looks better now, however the sizing is the big issue...well hope not. Still don't want to frog now as I do have about 20 or more rows until sleeves are off (thought it was less but not...) so I can really check for the chest sizing...I can wing the body shaping by increases, decreases, but not the bust. It'll be interesting to see if I should have made the 38 not the 40. Stay tuned, hopefully by this weekend we'll know the answer... Or do you have the answer already...should I frog it now or wait..............???

The 1Black/1Red stripe sock is also coming along, will have to do some decrease rows above the ankle, not many, but I think it needs to tighten up a bit, not enough to frog though!! I am keep ing notes so the other one will be the same.

My hybrid Escape actually did quite well! I got about 33 mpg on the way up, less on the way back??? why??. Doesn't sound as good as the Prius or others....but hubby keeps reminding me...it is a mini SUV, not a tiny car. So on that point, not bad. For you that live near the DC area (or any big city!) and have to make a commute everyday in tons of traffic...bless you...I could not do it!!!

Off I go...more to do and see this week!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a road trip to rack up the knitting time. I look forward to long distances. (as long as I'm not driving!)

cpurl17 said...

Yes, don't knit and drive!! (Although, I admit I have been so frustrated stuck in stopped traffic that I've snuck a few rounds on my sock!!)

Anonymous said...

I don't like frogging so I would suggest to wait! BTW, Green/Brown Gable is great knitting, ha?

KnitPastis said...

Really loving the color of your brown gable.Have to try and find the post that you said the yarn & color you used. I sure hope you don't have to frog it. The bowl is nice and your SP is sure to love it!

turtlegirl76 said...

I knit and drive - slowly - but I do it. And I always have a small WIP in the car for red lights. But I'm crazy like that.

I think the BG will be fine, just keep going. It will depend on how fitted you want it - I did the size 36 - not going up or down - just the size I am - and it fits great. The folks on the KAL just freaked a bit early on and most of it is probably due to the cast on they used not producing the right neck line and hiking up the fit of the armholes a bit.

soapy said...

have you tried it on yet? then decide if you need to rip it! Great bowl!

aija said...

Love the bowl! Sorry... nothing helpful to add on the BG but I like the color! :)

Anonymous said...

The bowl is so cute! Keep working on BG for a bit before you decide to frog or not. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That bowl is seriously cute! You are turning into a speedy knitter! :)

Chinoiseries said...

Hi Zonda, I'm from the Green Gable knitalong (how many people have actually made theirs green? lol). I am taking a look at your Gable.. and just like in the comments of your knitalong-post, I agree that it's probably an increase you missed. Have you already removed the marker? If not, it shouldn't be too difficult to try and pick up that extra increase (K1fb) :) Hope this helps.. I actually dropped the marker somewhere halfway and didn't put it back in the right place, so I had a weird-looking seam too.. but I fixed it in the way described. I'm looking forward to your finished Gable, the colour is nice :)