Saturday, July 08, 2006

Still knitting...progress being made

and knitting some more..... the 1 Black stripe and 1 Red stripe sock is going well. I think I needed to use the US 1's but I like the fabric the 2's are making. Not too tight, which is good for DD. She tried on the cuff, and I think it is a little loose, but she loves it..hopefully elastic won't be needed. I think since I have the other ball ready, I may cast on with 1's and see... (sniff, I really don't want to frog the other though!)

Green Brown Gable is going pretty good. I was looking at the lace part and I think it is a little wonky..I mean, I think I did a row of A's when it should have been B's so it could be off. But stitch count wise I am fine.....well for now. I have about 15 more rows to go before I can get ready to separate for the sleeves and try it on. I could frog now due to the lace, but I really should wait as I think (ha! I mean don't I wish) that the XL will be too big. See my dilemma, I don't want to frog twice!! (as it has been frogged 3 times already due to lace..ugh!) The pattern isn't really hard..yet, I mean it was operator error! ;0! Sooo long story short, if it fits, I am NOT frogging. The lace pattern would be a little crooked, but I don't think too bad..(please..no...!) Time will tell...stay tuned!

Sockette, still just casted on..Will work on it in the car

A certain felted project for an SP...to be worked on in the car...

I am on vacation! No worky until 17 July!! 10 days......so much to do...going out of town on Sunday, so lots of knitting time in the car as DS is driving....eeek, only in NC though as his permit allows. This will be our first trip in our hybrid, should be interesting as it is really a gas saver for in town driving....A quick trip to MD (sniff, sorry, can't even have a meet up with anyone as it is only overnight...), daughters room to be destroyed oops I mean cleaned, organized, time to get rid of kiddy stuff (you know 11 y/o's! with posters covering most of their walls.) Think of me about Wednesday when I'll be crying here!

Sewing..lots to do also..darn, can't take it in the car with me!!

It's my birthday today...I'm...um...29..yeah that's it...29....! hehe if you believe that, I got some swamp land for ya! ;) I received lovely Godiva Chocolates and a knitting book and cute cards from the family (dd informed me that "she" helped pick out the book! She was very proud) Hubby informed me, he loves B/Noble...one stop shopping, chocolate, book, cards..what more could a man that hates to shop want???? After taking son for last minute, clothes/supplies for trip, take out and surprise ice cream cake. Yummmy, still full!

I also got a really nice thank you gift of yarn today with the cutest sheep stitchmarkers a very nice surprise! Pics'll have to wait until later with WIP update pics...sorry!!

15 comments:

aija said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Unknown said...

Oops, I missed it yesterday. Happy Birthday!

Sherrill said...

Zonda...Happy Birthday to You! Ah...29, that miracle age that we keeping living over, and over, and over...

I would love to know how you "strike" the words...everyone seems to be doing it when making a blog post...makes it funny in the minds eye.

Rain said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely day.

Jen said...

Super Happy Birthday! And happy vacation also!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I didn't even know! I would have gotten you something! I guess better late then never. check your box next week! :) H

KnitPastis said...

Happy Birthday Z!! Love Godiva Chocolates! I am interested in how well the Hybrid does too. Have fun while your gone.

soapy said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday!! 29 again, me too!! lol
Lets see your GG in progress before you decide to frog it!

Fiberbliss said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you!! Hope it was enjoyable.

Amy said...

happy birthday

Ragan said...

Have a wonderful vacation and happy birthday too!

Lia said...

Happy Birthday, Zonda!!! Sorry I missed it, I was out of town, celebrating my own :)

Have a great vacation!

Dk's Wife said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Hugs!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greetings and hope you have a lovely vacation! Love the striped socks!!