Tuesday, August 01, 2006

OSSP

I want to thank my OneSkeinSecretPal for my latest package! I was worried as the outside box was crushed! But she packed it so well, nothing was damaged! Phew!

The yarn was protected in this cute little takeout box! Great idea for packaging!

Also included are some notepads and magnets...now who doesn't always need these things around? :)

The yarn is Chinese Red Silk Haze from NuMei. It is so soft...It sits beside me and is petted often. Lovely!

Thank you again!!

question regarding wool fingering weight socks. I wore my sock garden sockettes today, was a tiny bit hot and my feet sweated a tiny bit...take them off, the bottoms are slightly felted. Does this happen with all 100% wool socks?? EEEK good thing I do all I can now to make sure I get superwash. All that work and they felt...urghhh!

8 comments:

Rain said...

The yarn looks divine.

Amy said...

yummy yarn...those felted socks will work great as slippers

soapy said...

nice OSSP package Pett some for me...lol
Not all 100 % socks but some (KP, yes) felts pretty easily with the sweating and friction while walking
wash cold water only too hang to dry of they'll become a childs size felted slipper
KP just came out with some superwash yarns now.. I can't wait to try some of them....

knottygnome said...

i just made a pair from kp landscape. they machine washed fine in a lingerie bag on cold, lay flat to dry. but the first time i wore them, the heels fuzzed. a lot. i'm glad they've come out with superwash.

Anonymous said...

Great yarn, looks really soft and luxurious, just perfect for petting.

Anonymous said...

The only socks I've had felt on my were some knit from KP's 100% merino. Other socks I haven't had a problem with.

Sarah said...

My Koigu KPPPM socks fuzz up on the bottoms, but don't really felt. I did take a huge glob of fiber out of the inside of the toe once though...

Jen said...

They don't felt in the formal sense of stickiness and shrinkage, but the bottoms will moosh together sometimes. My Socks that Rock superwash merino socks did that - it's not strictly felting, just a by-product of wearing wool socks in the heat. Most socks will bloom and fuzz a little on the bottoms. They're socks - you can't wear them and keep them nice forever. :)