Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yahoo!!!

Another WIP...off the list LOL! I just looked in my archives..and (insert blushing here) since March...eeek!



Only 1 pooling area around the ankle of the top sock-sock 2. The rest looks pretty good. The bottom sock-sock 1 done with ML on size 2 Inox Express-very nice pointed needle. Top sock done with new Brittany US2 5" dpns! It did go quicker with the dpns and I learned a lot. Especially on the ladder I got on the underside, due to how I did the first stitch on the next needle. I corrected that and the rest went well. I also realized after the heel on sock 2 I didn't do sock 1's heel the same way...See what happens when SSS sets in! LOL!

The yarn was fine to work with, the only problem was it kind of stuck to me...probably due to the weather!

One Skein Sockettes

Started March 2006
Finished July 2006
Less than 1 skein of Knitpicks Sockgarden in Pansy!
Ok, so we know it didn't take that long to make them. As some of you know..I, well, have knitting distraction disorder AKA KDD. Sounds so much better than ADD or ADHD, as I do not want to offend anyone. See I named a new knitting disease...you know like the dreaded SSS. Which this suffered a bit, then it suffered--other projects I wanna do syndrome LOL!
Now, just one pink hat to reknit and a scarf to finish, and hopefully my Brown Gable done by next weekend!!!! Pulease...so much more to do!!
Have a great week everyone!

15 comments:

Jerry & Maxy said...

The sockettes are sweet. I really like them, and thanks for the free pattern link.

You have a good week too!

Sherrill said...

Yeah, Z. Nice to get the list down, isn't it? Love the socklettes, fun colors.

lynnm said...

Hey! I have a matching pair.

I was just commenting to hubby that the socks I am working on seem to be taking forever. Must be a summer thing.

Looks great!

aija said...

Woo for FOs!! :) I love the striping action!

Ragan said...

Pansy is very pretty! What cute little socks!!!

knottygnome said...

cute little anklets. doesn't it feel good to be able to cross things off your list of wips? i personally always celebrate by starting 2-3 more projects. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Those socks are so cute. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern. I've been looking for a pair of anklets.

Lia said...

Great socks, Z! I like the colorway, and thanks for the pattern link! I am always looking for ankle sock patterns.

sgeddes said...

I like those. Finishing projects is great, isn't it? Although right after I'm kind of lost as what to do next -start something new or finish something else. I must also suffer from KKD.

turtlegirl76 said...

That's like those mini-cable socks I did - only I was working on them the whole erm, 3 months, I had them going. It just took forever. Those are cute, I like the colors and the anklets are neat.

Rain said...

They're cute, I love the colourway. Don't worry the knitting police are too busy monitoring my stash acquisition to notice how long it took you to make them. They were worth the wait.

Batty said...

They're so cute, I love the bright colors! And knitting is for fun, not on a deadline (unless it's a gift), so who cares how long it took? I've been knitting the same pair of Fuzzy Feet for months!

cpurl17 said...

I love those socks! And the pattern--I'm going to try that next!

soapy said...

very cute ! Love them! Great color choice! ;o) but there not brown?

Lynn said...

These came out really nice!! I have some of the sockgarden yarn from KnitPicks and its good to know that they knit up well. I was wondering if a #2 would be too big but they look fine being knit up on those needles. However, I'm SO sorry to hear they felted a bit!! I guess they are going to be for winter use only.....
They still look great!