Thursday, August 31, 2006

1 Black Stripe, 1 Red Stripe....

Socks are done, fini, finished!!!



1 Black Stripe, 1 Red Stripe Colorway Custom dyed by Heather as specifically requested by DD!

Generic Sock Pattern from Knitting Rules by Yarn Harlot

Size 2 addis/inox express circs

And it is about time according to my darling daughter!! I first cast on for these in May and tried with 2 circs, but it didn't work and of course other projects got in the way ;) Of course I had to model as she's sleeping, she's had a rough week...the start of the braces odyssey. Maybe I'll go put them on her while she's asleep... :)

So I recast on (at least 4 times for sock 1) and finally got a move on with them. I ended up using magic loop as the 2 circ method for me wasn't working?? I am really glad I can use a few different methods. The best part was knitting them both simultaneously. Meaning, cuff done sock 1, cuff done sock 2, etc...it really helped me with the dreaded SSS! Thanks Jen for that hint! (btw, the inox express's just glided along..so smooth! The cord is a bit of a pain, but the needles are really nice!)


And done in the nick of time for my August socks for the Sock-a-Month KAL Part 2!
and...um..er..next month's will be done sooooooooo much sooner!! ;)



The next pair is for my Mystery Sock KAL, stay tuned...

20 comments:

cpurl17 said...

whoo hooo! They came out so cute and DD will have nice socks to wear tomorrow!

Are you ready to start our mystery sock?

Elspeth said...

She's got great taste!

Anonymous said...

Our daughter know what they want! It is always interesting reading about your adventures in knitting socks! Unlike you I am sticking to 5 dpns, short rows heel and grafting for final touch!

Rain said...

They look fantastic, he's going to love them.

Rain said...

Bah, SHE.
I really must
a) learn to type
b) check before hitting submit

KnitPastis said...

Ahhh, they look really cute and Heather did a great dye job per your dear daughters request. She must have happy feet now.LOL

Jen said...

You know, after you've made a few pairs the cords will start behaving. They aren't as stiff as the clear INOX cords, but they do have some fling to them! :)

Great socks! you GO GIRL!!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Nice! Your daughter will be so thrilled to get them on her feet!

sgeddes said...

Great looking socks - I'm sure DD is glad to have them finished!

soapy said...

YEAH!!! I bet your DD loves them!

Jennifer said...

They look great!

Shannon said...

Those turned out great! I love them!

Jillio said...

i love those colors! great job. and the braces odyssey? yeah. i hear ya on that one. that is rough!

Anonymous said...

I love them, you did a great job!

Sherrill said...

Excellent, Z...you did a fantastic job.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great job on the socks - they look so cool!

aija said...

Woo hoo!!! :)

GretchenX said...

OOH! pretty! I'm waaaay not ready to try to deal with socks (altho Fixation does feel really nice!)! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great looking socks!

Anonymous said...

Those are skinny stripes, for some reason I thought they would be a little fatter. Hmmm. Does she like them? How did the knit up?