Friday, August 18, 2006

My top 10

Elspeth who was my Knit Sock Kit Swap pal tagged me with my top ten yarns! I am going to divide them into....Sock yarns and Wool, cotton, misc.

Sock Yarns

1. All Things Heather (did you know I have one of her first skeins :)
2. Sunshine Yarns
3. Socks that Rock
4. Fleece Artist
5. Lorna's Laces


All Others
1. Lamb's Pride Worsted and Bulky
2. Patons Classic Merino
3. Dale of Norway Svale
4. Cascade 220
5. Cotton Fleece

There are so many others that I have not listed. Some of these I like are about to be knits, some are currently being used, some have been used before. I think I first judge a yarn (well sock yarn) on it's colors, then softness, must be superwash if at all possible, and now weight. Um..I'm more into sport weight now. (Can you say not knitting on toothpicks LOL!) I have too much fingering...which takes me a while. So almost any new purchases lately (and futurely) will be sport weight=bigger needles :)

As for the wools, etc....Color is important, but softness, look of final product, cost, and yardage.
I love my Lamb's pride, mainly for hat/scarf making as I love the look of the stitches. I love the non-plied, looking like straight from the sheep look. (well I think of it that way LOL!) Felting is ok, but takes longer, but I do love the hairyness of it from the mohair after felting too. Patons is awesome for felting, as in lickity split in my front loader, and it is local and I can use my coupons! Now they have some neat varigated's. I've a few skeins for a felted purse for a friend, so far I've behaved. I'll let you know on the Svale yarn..hopefully swatching this weekend..that is my goal...'

The aloo scrubby is growing..almost 1/2 done..yikes. Gotta get crackin on that and my red/black socks! Pics sometime this weekend on the progress!
:)

Oh and anyone who wants to be tagged....well tag..you are it! :)

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Great choices!

Rain said...

Great yarns!

I love the variety available to us these days.