Friday, November 03, 2006

Noro Pr0n Friday

Ok, so since it it Norovember, I thought I would post my Noro stash each friday.

These two skeins of Noro Big Kureyon were my first purchase of any Noro yarns. 1 year ago on our vacation to the NC Mountains I had about 20 minutes in a LYS in Black Mountain...lucky me all Noro was 35% off. I got this #19 colorway and 3 other skeins that I've since swapped. Not sure what I'll make with it....ideas??

Noro Big Kureyon



Close up
Interesting how they swirl/spin all those colors in there!

Another Close up
This is a close up of both skeins, smack dab in the middle.

Ok, so I promise not to NORO you to death this month. Just on YPF's or if I get an FO...tune in and see! ;) Believe it or not, I don't have a large amount of it. Why?? not sure but have only just started using it. Pssst.....but don't tell the Lamb's Pride yarns--they'll get jealous as they are ...um..er..being taken over by Cascade 220 (since I can get most colors locally now!) and I think they are feeling quite neglected! ;)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Noro-goodness! These colors are just divine!

sgeddes said...

I love noro! And that is very pretty. I've never worked with Big Kureyon. I must have been on your wavelength when doing my Fiber Friday post

Anonymous said...

Great noro!

Sherrill said...

Z...those colors are divine! Thanks for the well wishes for knitting retreat...have a fantastic time next weekend at the quilting retreat. If only we could do this all the time and not have to work. Where'd I put that lottery ticket...lol. Oh yeah, I never bought one.

Have fun with that Noro.

KnitPastis said...

Such a yummy Noro you have there!! Looks so perfect for a winter color too.

Elspeth said...

Now, now, you and I know as moms that you're not supposed to favor one child over another ;)

I like Cascade 220, but nothing can beat Lamb's Pride - the mohair and the colors are divine!

Bezzie said...

Wow, that is by far the coolest color of Noro I've seen!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Well, you did take away the window ledge from the cat, how about a kitty pi as an apology?

See you Sunday! Yay!

cpurl17 said...

I love that Noro colorway...

felted bag for you? or, me...heheheh

Anonymous said...

Oh so delicious - I've never knit with Noro (it never seemed all that soft to me), but the colors you've got here might just inspire me to!

soapy said...

Love the color!!! I'd make a pair of socks with it personally.....;o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the black's contrast with the various other colors. A scarf, mittens, or a hat, maybe???

Ragan said...

Lovely. A hat and wrist warmers would look great in those colors.
:)
I have some Noro that is similar and have yet to use it.

Anonymous said...

The colors are beautiful. I actually haven't used Noro yet.....so I'm definitely interested to see what you turn it into.

Rain said...

That's lovely.

I'm always amazed at the colours, but have always been put off by the feel of it.

Anonymous said...

I recently made a fun and fast bag from 2 skeins of Iro, which is pretty close in gauge, I think. The big kureyon would be lovely for that!