Monday, November 06, 2006

Friends, goodies, and success!

What more could a girl want! As you can see below and in case you visited Turtlegirl's blog today Deb (Yarner), Me, and Turtlegirl! I was so glad that while Deb was here, we could get together (she was my SP6 Pal, and trained me well! ;)! Even better was that Cristi could come too! After a lunch and like who know how many cups o'coffee, we sat and knit and chatted and annoyed many of the B&N customers...one even took our pictures so we'd be done with the flash as it was disturbing his reading. I guess others thought we were a bit noisy..um..like duh...if you want a quiet place to read, this place isn't the place to go to!! But, we didn't care, we chatted and knitted and ignored them all anyways! Deb showed us knitting backwards...hmm now for upside down knitting ;)

Knitty Friends
What's really funny is..well..Deb drinks decaf..but look at them eyes! hehe!

So fast forward to today. Headache/sinus pain from heck...couldn't wait to get to the drugstore for my fix of sudafed. Urgh..let's not get started on the fact that I live in a state where I have to show my license and sign a form for it...grrrrr.

When I got home, tired and cranky I found a box in my mail from the UK!! Inside are the contents of my 1-yd fabric swap from Iris in the UK! Inside were vintage fabric (white with flowers!), retro fabric (brown/flowers) and fat quarters of my favorite Amy Butler prints (bet she didn't know that either! ;) tiny sewing repair kit (going in the car), chocolate, and sock yarn from Curious Fibers(yay!) I just love getting sock yarns from different hand-dyers! The card is beautiful too! She was the organizer of the swap and if that wasn't enough, she just had a baby 1 month ago!!! Thank you! I love it all!

1 yd Fabric Swap


Success...well as you can see for yourself below...it is a short row heel folks!! I may have knit it, but I so could not have done it without Cristi's patience!!! She is a great teacher, especially to an easily confused person such as myself! Thanks to her, I understand short row toes and heels!


1st Short Row Heel
I wasn't sure I would like how it fit, so far it's ok, will let you know once they're done and worn!

18 comments:

KnitPastis said...

You are doing so great on your toe up sock! Learn it well, learn it well because we all might need you in the future to show us:) Great fabrics and great fun!
Get this, some states can even inforce stricter laws but not less than. Glad I still have a box in my drawer:)

Anonymous said...

I love the yarn you are using for those socks. And good job on doing a short row heel. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Bezzie said...

I think I get short row heels now too!!

Pretty fabric!!

And hey, don't feel bad--I had to show ID to buy windshield washer fluid the other day. Damn meth makers. Grrr.

soapy said...

hmmm decaf hmmmM! Yeah right! lol Sorry about your sinus headache.. Hope your feeling better. Great package form Iris!

cpurl17 said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! The socks are lookin' good.


I get sinus headaches too. :(Hope yours is gone!

Rain said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that you 3 cause trouble wherever you go ;)

Yay for the heel, it looks like a great fit.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Love the sock it looks great so far. One of these days I'm going to have try toe up socks.

Sarah said...

How fun, hanging out with the knitties!

Very nice looking short rows too!

Deb said...

Oh, how you suffered over your heel. The sock is lovely and so is the foot.

sgeddes said...

Great job on the short row heel. I'm going to try those soon!

Looks like you had a great time in Greensboro!

turtlegirl76 said...

Is that why he offered? I thought Deb just batted her eyelashes at him and got the drift that she was asking him to take pics for us. Then again, I had my back to everyone else so if we were annoying people, it went right over my head. Heh. Not that I would have cared. =)

Karen said...

Talking, coffee and knitting - sounds so perfect!! Sorry to hear you are feeling yucky today - I hope you are better soon. And I'm sure that lovely package helped a lot. Your short-row heel is awesome!! I always find them tough, but am hoping to do better since reading the Socktoberfest tutorials.

Anonymous said...

Debi sent me IK magazine last year - now I can finally see her face!
You so lucky to have knitting friends!

Knittypants said...

Great swap, the color of yarn you got is so pretty! And your sock is looking great, too, what pattern are you using?

Anonymous said...

Your sock looks great!! Love the colors!!!! Glad you had a fun knitting time :)

Anonymous said...

I love the socks!!!!!!!!!!! Those colors are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at you working the short rows! Looks pretty so far!

Lovely package, all the fabrics are great, I wonder what you'll create from them.

I've never understood the 'reading at B&N' thing. Who wants to buy a book that's not crispy new? :P

weezalana said...

The short row heel looks great! And those colors are sooo yummy together.

LOVE the fabric, too!