Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy 21st...

21 years ago today, I eloped with my fiance! We are both pretty quiet (yes we are ;) people and didn't want the fuss or expense of a wedding. However, our mothers did not let us get totally away from the spotlight! We had a bridal/wedding shower in Maine when we returned from one in North Carolina.

Wedding Shower
Last year, we couldn't celebrate as hubby was recovering from surgery. This year, it'll be low key at home with hopefully our 2 teenagers as waiters LOL!..Heh..doubt they'll do that!
We are homebodies and there really isn't a great restaurant we want to go to in this %$^^& town so...we're staying in!
Gosh, sniff, I was so young....under 25....(and so skinny then too!) Remember those 80's perms and fluffy hair!! Hubs looks the same, just shorter hair and we've both gone a little gray...could it be those 2 crumbsnatchers that live with us??? It still feels like yesterday, not 21 years..yikes...

20 comments:

Scoutj said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Elspeth said...

Awww, you guys are legal now! Congrats!

Yeah, I do remember being convinced to get a perm now and then ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Just so you know, you had the perfect hair I spent the entire second half of the 80's trying to achieve. It never worked.

cpurl17 said...

Happy Anniversary!! You look like babies!! When you get to SF (someday) I'll drop you two off at a romantic restaurant and take the kids to Cheesecake Factory!

I agree with Batty--the 80's were hair torture for me--I could never get the height (but did have a Flock of Seagulls thing goin' on for awhile)

aija said...

Happy anniversary! What a fun picture...

sgeddes said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratualtions! Enjoy your celebration at home.

I remember the 80's - I had permed log BIG hair. Thos photos are quite scary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And, oh my, but that's such a cute picture!

Sherrill said...

Happy 21st anniv. Z.

Devorah said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Wow- Happy Anniversary!!!

Rain said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations.

80s photos crack me up. You're missing the string of giant plastic beads ;)

LadyLungDoc said...

Congrats! Great sweater you had on there.

Bezzie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly? You look pretty much the same!

(I love December anniversaries ;-) )

KnitPastis said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary! How cute are you guys.

soapy said...

ahhhhh so sweet! Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

You both look so very familar!!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

You're so cute!

(I had a big 80's perm back in the day too.)

joyce said...

happy anniversary!