Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Yarn Pr0n Friday!

Here's some lovely, gorgeous yarns that were gifted to me by Mary who was destashing and sending those lovely yarns to a new home. Little did I know I was one of the recipients. Little did she know, these are yarns I have only heard about and did not have until now!
So courtesy of my Christmas Tree!
As you know red is hard to photograph, but here you go! Nature Spun Worsted in Husker Pride by one of my favorites-Lamb's Pride and Patricia Roberts Angora in Poppy..soo soft!

Christmas Pr0n Christmas Pr0n
This one on the right, I call mood lighting!
Christmas Pr0n


Christmas Pr0n Hand-dyed Wool and Mohair
These are wool and mohair hand-dyed by Mary herself for her Knitting Olympics project. (what was it??) Well as you can see they are lovely and very soft (trust me ;) and at least she didn't run out of yarn like another person we know did (sniff...)


Anny Blatt Yarn Anny Blatt Yarn
And last but not least....Anny Blatt's Tangara - a blend of wool, acrylic, and polymide and awesomely soft! I can see a scarf from this as the blends would not make you itchy and it would be so soft against the neck.
Well I am off...late with this as I was waiting for some light other than our overhead living room light! Tons of stitches to knit, baking, etc...

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

That's some sexy mood lighting you have there! Rorrw!

cpurl17 said...

Yarn Pr0n by the soft glow of the tree, eh?

Nice gifties you got there!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like yummy yarns in the tree to make you feel festive. That Angora looks just sooo fluffy and soft!

Good luck with your baking, don't forget pics to show us all the goodies!

weezalana said...

They look so peacful, all snug and nestled in the tree. ;)

Mary, Mary... said...

Thanks for your kind words. Man, the yarn looks so happy at your house--on the tree and everything. A real step up from the 'back of the closet' treatment it got here. Your pics make me very happy! Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Just the way I would like to decorate my x-mas tree! Such softness!

sgeddes said...

Great shots of the soft yarn in the tree! Love it!