Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Peppermint....

Patties, flowers, (well I know they aren't sticks or canes, hehe!) ????


Peppermint Cloths


I got this pattern from Sherrill's blog! I used less than 1 skein of Sugar-n-cream in Peppermint, with about a plum size left over...and since I have another skein of this...well, we know some of what I'll be knitting all week! I plan on some in cotton chenille, will let you know how that goes. It's a great easy to memorize pattern...well after a few frogs anyways! I'm hoping to make a few more (according to DD at least 5 or 6) but we'll see...

Much more knitting going on! We are not going out of town, so I still have some days off and will be busy as we held off getting a tree and any decorating. We usually don't get the tree until about this time anyways as we get live trees. That'll be this weekend.

And lest you think that I am getting too much accomplished...well..don't look at my foolproof peanut butter fudge recipe that has never failed me...until now....in crumbles...so can't send SIL's gift until Thursday now!

15 comments:

Bezzie said...

Very festive! So that pattern wasn't hard?
Mmmm...peanut butter fudge! Who cares if it crumbles!?!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love these, so very festive and elegant! I've actually marvelled at the pattern for quite some time - seeing the result now, I guess I'll just have to try it too! ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Rain said...

The cloths look lovely.

Karen said...

Those are so cute!!! Heh, fool-proof fudge that failed?? Don't worry, it's happened to me once too.

lobstah said...

Oooh, adorable! I think you should wrap some peppermint scented soap in them!

soapy said...

soo neat!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - I wonder if you did them all in red they would look like pointsettia flowers.

Sarah said...

Cute!

I might have to make some of those....

cpurl17 said...

Those are sooooo cute. Send me the crumbles, I'm not picky!!

Knittypants said...

Turned out very cute, perfect for Christmas. They even make me crave candycanes :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the fudge. The wash cloths are really cute!

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome!

Sherrill said...

Excellent job, Z. I love it in the "peppermint". After making about five of them I had to move on. But I will come back to them for sure.

OK...fill me in. What are the complaints of the calorimetry? I did screw up my "short row" using three sts instead of four, hence why it was so wide. I started a second one yesterday...hope to have that one completed tonight. The pattern is easy, I haven't found anything wrong or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Whew...two more get ups till Winter Break and DS comes home on the train from college. Yahoo.

sgeddes said...

Love the dishcloths! I have a skein of peppermint left over - I'll have to try one!

Bummer on the fudge. but I bet it still tastes good!

KnitPastis said...

Too cool! I love these peppermints washclothes. Such a cool twist to a washcloth.
ummm, yummm on the fudge....even crumble. YUmmmmmm