Monday, December 11, 2006

FO's...the Fuzzy Kind! :)

Yes! 2 Presents off the List!

Fuzzy Feets


Fuzzy Feet from Knitty! The left is Paton's SWS in Natural Blue (only 1 knot in one out of 2 skeins!), Yes I did have to cut a few times to make the stripes match...not that they had to..but you know me! These are for the girl (my daughter's nickname, real original huh?).

The pair on the right are Lamb's Pride Worsted in Tahitian Teal! I have a cone in this I swapped sock yarn for! It is awesome, a little compact, but once it gets knitted it blooms up like it was in a skein. I was knitting at BAM yesterday while the teenagers were shopping/browsing/more like getting out of the house! I was about 4 rows from the end and I ran out of yarn for the 2nd one...I had wound a ball from the cone and it made almost 2 FF's! Glad I learned how to spit/splice! These are for SIL, in Arizona...hehe, wish I could be a fly on the wall when she sees them..let alone tries to felt them..bet I'll get a call! ;)

Miles to knit before I sleep....snnnnoooreeee!

14 comments:

Bezzie said...

Wait, FF in Lamb's Pride? No way, YOU knit with Lamb's Pride??? I would have never pegged you as the type ;-)

Hee, they look great!

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd included something for scale, it's hard to tell how big these are! They look great though, I really like the stripes on the Patons.

sgeddes said...

Love the fuzzy feet and that is a great color of Lambs Pride! I've got to try knitting a piar of these sometime.

Anonymous said...

Great fuzzy feet!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't miss with fuzzy-es! Unfortunatelly one of ma girls's has a whole, and although I have proper yarn, skill and time - I am not getting my fingers on new one! Don't know why!

KnitPastis said...

Love fuzzy feet! I wear mine all the time.These look pretty.

Jennifer said...

Loving the fuzzy feet! Is it a quick pattern? I need some quick gifts. And I mean quick...

cpurl17 said...

Those look great!! I'm dying to try a pair. I think I'm the only knitter out there without fuzzyfeet and a mason dixon washcloth!!

aija said...

Veyr fun! Once I had matching stripes on the SWS, I had to try and make my 2nd pair stripe, too :)

Trillian42 said...

You know, Kris's second pair (the ones that actually FIT) striped the same way. Only with more repeats. :D

KnitPastis said...

By the way, did you happen to felt the one on the left Patons SWS?It's so pretty and I wanted to know how it felted up since it has some soy in it.

Sherrill said...

I think these are a perfect gift for next Christmas. LOL. I know, I know. What am I thinking? I'm thinking I'm done for this year and that you have helped to inspire me for some gifts for next year.

Will you post a pic when "fuzzed". Great job on the stripes.

Three more getups...and I'm counting.

Annie said...

I just made my first foot! I'm a little worried that some of my measurements are off... I may felt this one just to see if it's ok before starting the next one... I have enough yarn for 3 feet, but not four! Yours look fantastic! (and now I'm even more worried about mine...)