Friday, December 29, 2006

YPF-The Last of 2006

It's been fun and I do plan on continuing as long as the fellow members want to! However, for me, I do plan it to be a bit different. Different in a good way though! Mine will become YPPIP-...why p-p-i-p?? you ask...It stands for Yarn Pr0n Project in Progress!

I will try, on my honor..oops..wrong one..ahem..as for many people, we want to make 2007 the year of Stashbusting. Now, I am not going to list a bunch of rules I'd "try" to follow *cough, cough*, I'm just going to do the best I can! and sock yarn..well it so does not count..but I'll try to control myself! I'm just really trying to use what I have. I don't usually just buy yarn without buying enough for a certain project, so I do have a lot of projects, summer and winter and in between..but the sock yarn..well, it is a good commodity to have...swapping, using, gifting, etc.

I mean I am going to try to show you some pr0n you may have/have not already seen with the project in progress or possibly finished. It is also a way to kick my butt in gear get myself motivated to get some projects done. I'm already kinda behaving as I've been to at least 3 websites, filled the online basket....then empty them right up... This time of year is really tempting too! Oh but, you came here for the pr0n...so here we go! Oh and if anyone else wants to do the same! Go for it, the more the merrier! :)

My creation
Socks That Rock Heavyweight in Jingle Bell Rock. Here is a picture of the skein before it's wound, as I forgot to take one.

Psst. That last one..going for that copycat look ;)
And when you knit a sock with it...it becomes....this

Thuja Sock


Thuja sock from Knitty, which I've knit before and like the pattern, I wanted something easy to memorize as I waited in lines, etc.... I was trying to finish these for the holidays...eeek not sure only have like 2 days, but will cast on the 2nd one later today so I get no SSS! Oh and the amount on this skein is amazing!! I'll get the next sock and probably will try a pair of plain stockinette toe-ups to see just how far I can get! Possibly 2 pairs out of this skein..or at least a pair of sockettes or something.. ;)



ETA: A few have asked where I got the Sock Blockers. You can get your own Here :)

18 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Great sock photos! I love how it came out!

Anonymous said...

Sock yarn doesn't count? Oy! But that yarn - that yarn!!! Yummy - and your Thuja socks look absolutely fantastic! Yay for sock yarn, that's all I can say here! ;)

Scoutj said...

Lovely!

I have a story for you....

Bezzie said...

Ha ha, I think I know who you're imitating with that last shot!

I like your idea for the new spin on YPF!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty! Are you going to wait until next Christmas to wear them or will they get broken in before then ;)

Sherrill said...

Hard to believe it the last YPF of 2006. You've done a fine job, keeping the YPF posted every week.

Have a wonderful New Year! See you on the blog side! :)

Lauren said...

I love how those colors knit up. They are festive without being so festive you can't wear them other times. :D

sgeddes said...

Love the idea for the twist on yarn pr0n. I'm going to have to have a go at that. I want to do the stash busting too.

Love the jingle bell rocks socks! they look great. Where did you get your blockers? Do you use them much?

Anonymous said...

I like your idea for YPPIP (did I get that right?). We'll see how long I can last without buying new yarn, though. Must use stash, must use stash...

Knittypants said...

Oh, pretty yarn and pretty sock. I am planning to start the same pattern in the next week, now I feel inspired :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What lovely colors!!! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...and love the resolution! Some of us have yet to build the stash to bust...hey...I could do that this year!!! LOL
:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...and love the resolution! Some of us have yet to build the stash to bust...hey...I could do that this year!!! LOL
:)

KnitPastis said...

Stash busting I am their with you for the year 2007!
Love Socks That Rock...but I guess you already knew that:)
Beautiful colors in this yarn and I like the pattern you knitted this pair in.

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks!

turtlegirl76 said...

Sounds like a plan! I'm terrible about taking pics of a WIP but I think it's a great opportunity to practice taking pics of stitch patterns and what not as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that STR Jingle Rock is GORGEOUS! Fantastic YPF, Zonda! :-D This is a great idea for future YPF. :-) I ordered the Christmas Balls colorway so I guess I'll get to give 'em a whirl next Christmas.

Rain said...

It's lovely yarn, it looks great knitted up.