Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Almost FO's and a bit of fun

Hi! Thank you all for your comments on my latest YPF/Calorimetry post! I really appreciate it!

I've been knitting like crazy and getting somewhere...well almost! So a quick post to let you know I'm around!

Blue Monday Socks
Blue Monday socks 2 at one time on 2 circs. A first for me, more on this tomorrow when I finish! Yes, I have one more day! And surprisingly a lot of yarn left...so could be almost knee highs ;)

Noni Skinny Baguette bag further along!
Noni Pre-feltedPre-felted 25"
Noni Post-feltedPost-felted 17" long
I was a bit worried as the hot pink/darker one is Paton's Classic Wool and the rest is Cascade 220. 2 trips through the front loader and it all felted fine! Whew! Zippers have been ordered as I cannot find them locally at the length I need! And since I couldn't decide, I ordered pink and green!

What can make a girl more happy? Handknit socks (my first pair 1 yr old already), comfy shoes, and a new toy!
A bit of fun
Gotta go!

13 comments:

Stacie said...

love the socks+chucks!! knit on!

LadyLungDoc said...

The bag looks great!! As do the socks, of course ;)

Batty said...

I love that bag. It's on my must knit list, along with, oh, 3 or 4 of her other bags. They are so much fun!

Nice socks too. Socks are always good.

sgeddes said...

Ah - Socks look great. I don't know if I'll get mine finished by tonight! I've got a little more to go - it's a race to the finish!

The bag will be great!

Is that a cordless vac? Does it work on battery? Do you like it?

Dk's Wife said...

I love the color blue you are making the socks out of.

Your first pair of socks are holding up well! Congratulations.

My first pair are getting close to a year old, and seem to be fairing well also!

Bezzie said...

Oh my word you're going to town on those socks!!!

And oh boy, I can't wait to see the zippers--both pink and green!

Karen said...

As always, what great pictures! Soft sockies moving along. A beautiful bag, newly felted. Year old socks that still look gorgeous. And a NEW VACUUM!!! I love them all!! (I'm not kidding about the vacuums either - I love vacuums!!)

Anonymous said...

Two socks at once now, you're gonna be a sock speed knitter now!

So glad to see the Noni bag felted well! Can't wait to see it finished. I'm sewing in my very first zipper now, so fingers crossed for both of us that all goes well, whichever color you choose!

cpurl17 said...

The socks are still lookin' good!!

I love your Noni too :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Cool! I wish I had room to store a broom vac. As it is I barely have room for the regular broom, and none for the vacuum! Gah!

The bag is looking good!!

Anonymous said...

Great knits! That bag is cute. I may have to put that on my must knit list!

Carol said...

I think, overall, I would put the green zipper in. Maybe. I'd have to see it...Do you like your broom vac?

Andrea said...

Great job with the bag! I'm almost finished with my Noni...the same pattern as yours. I'm concerned about how my bag will felt because I have a font load machine. It looks like you didn't have any problems felting with your front load machine