Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm back! Just in time for....

YPF! Presenting Mmmmmalabrigo in the Col China Colorway...


Malabrigo-Col China

As you can see, it's in skein and cake form. I love this colorway as it reminds me of Macintosh apples...and I love them. I only wished it had more of the green in it! I first saw this colorway at LadyLungdoc's blog and I wasn't sure it was the same one, but I got it anyways! (side note, we both had the same lovely Yarnit for CASP's! :)

What's this below...well a real outdoor picture of the colorway knitted up...seed stitch even...

Mmmmalabrigo!

It's Le' Slouch from Knit and Tonic! I love the swirly action on the ribbing. EEK, just noticed the hole in the top...that'll be a quick fix! You can see how the difference in lighting makes the colors look.

Le Slouch

I chose to do the seed stitch pattern and it was pretty easy to do! About 1/2 way through it was much better to knit after I got US 9 x 16" gray Inox circs to do it! (Thank you Weaving Works! more on that later!) I didn't enjoy knitting it on dpns...sometimes I'm weird that way! ;)

Le Slouch!
Please excuse the no make-up, recovering from jetlag and time change look!


Non-Slouch???? Well as you can see, it doesn't slouch as much as Wendy's does, but I do like it and will wear it. I started this a few days before I left for Seattle, thinking I'd need and finish it in time! Here I go thinking I am a super, speedy fast knitter!
Le Slouch!

Heh! Finished it on the plane returning home Wednesday! I did knit it to the length suggested in the pattern, but I do knit tight and no I didn't do a gauge swatch....it's a hat people! Those who know I hate doing them, and since it wasn't Fair Isle or a more intricate type pattern I resisted. I figured if I hated it, or it didn't fit, I'd give it away or frog it! DD hated it, but it looked so cute on her.

Malabrigo
This is what is leftover and I do have another skein of it too! Well, that skein does have 2" of a neckwarmer knit, which will be promptly frogged when it gets here...yeah, overpacking me had to send a box home. And no, not full of yarn LOL, I wish!

Seattle was fun and more on that another day...now to get back to EST only to have to Spring ahead this weekend! Will be catching up on all of you too! :) So much happens when I'm gone..

Also since I've been gone, my friend Heather from All Things Heather is doing a fundraiser for her daughter's sister school in Africa to buy books. Well, since I've not been able to post about it, she's raised over $2,000 and will be also donating books to local Literacy campaigns in her area. If you can, go donate either way you can! Thanks!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that colorway. The hat came out great and looks good on you!

Bezzie said...

Someday I will fondle some Mmmmalabrigo.

I like your Le Stiff cap! I'm not one for the floppy berets.

sgeddes said...

Welcome home. Love the yarn! And the hat is really cute.

Unknown said...

One of these days I'll buy myself some Malabrigo. Until then, I'll just lust after yours.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)
I love that colorway. It's one of my favorites. The hat looks so good on you.

Karen said...

Oh so pretty!!! Malabrigo is one yarn I still haven't been able to find in any of my LYS. I'll have to journey to a not-so-L one and snap some up!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous yarn. gorgeous hat! looking good!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty colors! That hat looks so good on you!

KnitPastis said...

Cute hat! I like that you did the seed stitch as I think it looks best this way. One of these days Malabrigo yarn will be in my stash.

cpurl17 said...

Welcome back! I have a skein of Malagrigo that I need to knit up and you just gave me a great idea to steal!

(don't tell, but I like YOUR version better!)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I love the colourway

Sherrill said...

Z, you had at least a few good days of weather up in Seattle...I was able to mow the lawn on Tuesday with that 67+ degree weather we had.

Bet it is nice to be home though...happy weekend to you.

Jessica said...

Nice malabrigooooooooooo.
I like your hat. Who cares if it's not slouchy enough. You can roll it up and make a beanie! ;D

Christy said...

Cute hat. I'm in complete lust with that colorway

Pinkwool said...

Oh that hat makes me wish for fall! I love fall!!

Yeah, put me in the boat with all the other Malabrigo virgins... :)

Stacie said...

I like the hat and love seed stitch! I know what you mean about the time change... came back from the west to midwest last week, and now to lose another hour... yawn!

Anonymous said...

I love that colorway and the hat is beautiful. Looks great on you!

Batty said...

I love the colors! Yarn!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color!
mf

Anonymous said...

My gosh, what a colourway! One day I'll get myself some yummy Malabrigo too and won't stop touching it and rubbing my chin against it and drooling over the colours, that's for sure! ;)
The hat is *so* gorgeous - it looks awesome on you!

Anonymous said...

Great hat! And I love your Boogie vest, too!

weezalana said...

Fab hat! Love the colors, and it looks fantastic on you!

Rain said...

That yarn is to die for, I love the colourway. The hat looks very cute on you.