Monday, March 12, 2007

Kitty & Trip Pr0n

Here's some Sapphire Pr0n to get you by until I have something more blog worthy and I recover from getting our new 6 month car insurance policy....2 adults, 1 17y/o son.....gahhhhh!!!

She loves boxes! Particularly this one from my friend Charlotte. If I try to open the darn thing, I get quite the stare and whining sound...geesh it's my stuff!!
sapphire


From the Ferry
Skyline of Seattle from the Bainbridge Ferry! It was fun, I stayed outside for a little bit, loving the cold....well for a little bit ;)

Seattle
I think this is Bainbridge Island, from the front of the ferry (someone correct me if I'm wrong)!
Thanks Ana-this picture is of West Seattle/Alki Beach
I visited Churchmouse Yarn & Teas, while walking around on the island. Very nice store, packed with a lot of yarn. Yarns I've only seen online. I walked around a bit fondling and sniffing (well discretely ;). They have a great variety there and I behaved, only some Koigu and Cascade Sierra for Sizzle...or Green Gable (yet again!)...or.....

These are the only 2 pictures from the trip...bad blogger....My camera is nice, but soooo bulky and heavy to carry around...so I didn't.

Well off to check out car insurance rates.....I thought I had the lowest one...sigh...well it was pretty low until a handsome 17 y/o wanted to start driving.......how do people with like 2 kids at a time driving do it!!! Guess they don't have food yarn to buy huh? :)

18 comments:

cpurl17 said...

I hope the insurance quote wasn't too horrible!

Cpurl logic: If your family would cut out one meal per day and stop running the heater, you could save more money to buy yarn. And, since they'd lose weight by not eating, you could knit smaller sweaters to keep thme warm thus saving lowering your overall yarn expenses.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful kitty! Glad you had a nice trip the pictures are beautiful! The yarn shop looks like a good one. Good luck with the car insurance!

Jennifer said...

Car Insurance is so crazy expensive.

Looks like your trip was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures - what a very beautiful scenery! And your furry girl is oh so gorgeous, her eyes are absolutely amazing - and isn't it such a lot of fun to watch cats playing around with boxes? Seriously, I've never heard of a cat who wouldn't have gotten mad over a box - any box ;)

Bezzie said...

If it makes you feel any better, our car insurance rates doubled moving here to NJ. Probably because people here can't drive. But I'll take note to move outta town before Chunky learns to drive. ;0)

I like to do the cheek rub with yarn in a store and get an undercover whiff in then.

Glad you had time on your trip to see a few sights!

Rain said...

She looks besotted with that box. She's a stunner.

KnitPastis said...

Too funny how she won't let you in her box:) Beautiful cat!

This is such a cute looking Seattle yarn and tea shop! I can't wait to see the color of Kogiu you bought.

Batty said...

Beautiful pictures! The cat is obviously not going to let you near that box anytime soon, so you'll have to find something else to do for a while.

Anonymous said...

Aah, such a pretty kitty!!! BUT, from the looks of it, your first photo is of the waterfront/pier in Seattle, and your second pic is of West Seattle/Alki Beach...I was born and raised in Seattle so I can tell in one glance. So glad you enjoyed your trip. I forget how pretty it is around here because I've known it all my life! :-D

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Seattle looks beautiful! Still can't believe I'm a west coast girl and I haven't made it up there! SO glad you had a great time on your trip! And kitty is too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how jealous I am that you were on Bainbridge! I grew up there but haven't been back in years. Anna's right - the second photo is of Alki... but who cares? Beautiful, beautiful photos (not to mention your kitty)!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you made it to churchmouse. i love that shop. and the ferry ride is wonderful. that was the best day! riding back and forth and exploring winslow. you behaved? oh, i think i did, too. there was so much there i'd love to have. and still something on my mind... i might give them a call for a special order. can't wait to see your purchases!

lobstah said...

Your cat is gorgeous! She looks so soft. The cost of car insurance for a 17 year old must be frightening. I don't know how my parents did it.

sgeddes said...

Sapphire is beautiful! Her facinastion with the box really made me smile. I figured you has rubbed cat nip all over it or something.

Looks like the trip was great. Glad you had a good time. I love that part of the country.

Unknown said...

I'm not quite sure how anyone affords car insurance once you stick a teenager on it. I always imagine that my parents saw bright lights and passed out after getting their first car insurance bill with 4 teenage drivers on it.

Anyway, I love your cat and now I want to go to Bainbridge Island.

knottygnome said...

that is such an adorable kitty photo. why *do* they love boxes so much?

Stacie said...

Yikes... you just made me see my future! I have TWO boys! They are only 2 and 4, but one day I will have to buy car ins for them!! EGADS!

String Bean said...

Churchmouse Yarns! I love that shop! Did you visit the cafe and bakery down the road? I have yet to visit the Acorn Street shop, but I keep meaning to go.

I don't think there's any boat I love more than the ferry. Sit and watch the shores go by as you knit. Unfortunately, it's at most a 45 minute trip, so knit quick.