Thursday, April 26, 2007

Teensy, Weensy....

Socks! These are the quickest socks I've ever knit in my life. (oops! I lied..I have another small pair, but since I totally messed them up, they have to be reknit and I got shorter dpn's for them so you haven't seen them yet!) Total time probably 3-4 hrs, most likely less..but who counts, a pair in 2 days is a record for me. Norma started making these teeny socks (she's up to 11 or more pairs!) and well, a bunch of us have started too! Great way to use up leftover worsted weight wools! Feel free to join us in making them! Magic 28 Socks-Stamp out Cold Feet! Donate them to the charity of your choice. Well, you know where mine are going !

Magic 28 socks

Lamb's Pride Worsted in Thistle
Size US 5 's - 1 knit in Bryspun short dpn's and 1 knit ML with KP circs. Let me tell you, I did start these 2 on 2 circs...but, man I'm having issues this week with the yarn tangling. Too much trouble, so I switched.

Homemade Sock Blockers

Looky here! I made homemade sock blockers!! Bezzie will be so proud of me!! She's my hero in all that is Creatively Cheapa$$! The things she comes up with! Made with plastic inserts from xray film!! Sadly, we've gone to CD's so no more of this plastic. Was great to firm up purses too! sniff.. **yeah, I know the left one looks wider, it has since been trimmed and both socks are the same size now...whew...why do I have to be so..um...just so AR sometimes!!!

Hah!

Who knew!! I cut the tops like that for the heck of it!! See, now they are partially self-standing/drying sock blockers! I'll be making more of these! I have about 2 month's before mailing...eeek! If I don't get going...those Panda Cotton socks won't be used for any KAL this month. Phew, good thing I whipped these up!!

See you tomorrow!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love those sock blockers! Ingenuity plus recycling and repurposing spirit equals genius!

Jo said...

Those are great sock blockers! Where does one get x-ray film if one is not in the medical industry? Did you use a particular pattern for the socks?

Karen said...

Look at you go, making your own little-sock blockers!! I'm very impressed. And socks knit in a few hours, how great is that??

Alisha said...

Cute socks!!

Your right Bezzie would be proud!!

SpiderWomanKnits said...

What cutie pie socks :-)

Aren't small projects so gratifying sometimes? Especially when they are destined for a good cause.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for your pretty socks to block on!

cpurl17 said...

Those little socks are so cute!

The sock blockers are genius!

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Rock on with your cheapass self!!!

sgeddes said...

Great looking socks.

I love the blockers. Pure genious they are! How smart is that little nitch idea?!!

Anonymous said...

Great sock blockers! Adorable socks; I just love that Magic 28 pattern. I've made one pair and have to get busy on some more!

Anonymous said...

Cute socks and the homemade sock blockers are great!

joyce said...

so cute! i'm having such a hard time finishing my son's red socks!

Anonymous said...

Awww! What super cute sockies! And great sock blockers, too.