Friday, April 27, 2007

You are so not going to believe your eyes!!!

Ha! For my past SP Pal's, I've always answered this question: What color yarn makes you hurl/run far away/just wanna cry??? Answer: YELLOW

So..ahem, *cough* what do you see below huh? In defense of my all time answer. I don't like solid yellow's! A bit of variegation is ok.

Okay, I know this is a bit more that a "little bit" , but I loved it at first sight when Scout first did this colorway as a special order this past fall. She got a lot of new base yarns at that time and I picked the sportweight, which is so soft!! You can see her other colorways and base yarns at Scout's Swag.

Silver Streak
Scouts Swag Sportweight

If I liked football and the Steelers, bet this would be a good choice huh?

Scouts Swag Sportweight

Scouts Swag Sportweight

Scouts Swag Sportweight

Sometimes I get sock yarn for the colors, sometimes for a certain pattern. Well, this skein was in the stash as the colors. Well it had no pattern until.... I found this Seize Diamondbacks pattern from John at Yarnballboogie via Scout. I think it will be perfect for these. The pattern does call for 2 skeins of Colinette Jitterbug, but I don't have 2 of the same, and I think I'll have enough to do at least 2 repeats of the pattern. I put the two yarns beside each other and this isn't hardly any bigger than the Jitterbug, so I think I'm good! If I like the pattern enough, I do have a skein of Socktoberfest that will have plenty if I want them longer.

Well, off to get some socks done. I have not even let myself wind this yarn, cause once I do, I'll want to knit it..well it would be hard as I have no size US 2 needles free...must...knit...socks...faster! :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

this colorway is absolutely fantastic. perfect steelers colors. looks simply devine to the touch! :-D great yarn pr0n pick!ht

cpurl17 said...

Those colors look great together!

I like yellow, it's happy!

Anonymous said...

Great weekend to you, too! Though that coloureway would never be my choice - simply can't be indiferent when "seeing" you soooo happy and thrilled! Enjyoed it!

weezalana said...

Scout is on my list of must-try yarns. It looks soooo sproingy!

Bezzie said...

Yes! I think that pattern would fit that color nicely!

Trillian42 said...

Ooh... I'm not a yellow person either, but that's beautiful!

(And not to quibble, dear, but Steeler colors are black and gold, not yellow and grey. ;) )

Karen said...

*gasp* That is beautiful yarn!!!! See, you are branching out with your colors!!! Any color can look pretty in the right amount and combination. :)

Jennifer said...

That is a perfect skein of Steelers colors!

It's all football all the time at my house. Of course RM is all about the Raiders though. My husband's football mania is so bad, he's going to the Raider's NFL draft party at a local restaurant. *insert rolled eyeballs here.*

Knit Masala said...

I'm not a huge yellow fan either, and I'm definitely not a Steelers fan (Go Colts!), but that's some nice pr0n!

sgeddes said...

I'm a Colts fan too! But I think the colors look more blue and yellow - like U of Michigan!

I love the pattern that is waiting for that yarn too! that will be wonderful!

twellve said...

that seize diamondbacks pattern is really nice. think it's possible to knit the pattern toe-up? (sounded like a cuff-down pattern on his site).

Jessica said...

I really like that color. Then you said the Steelers. Now I don't know if I like it anymore! They stole that Super Bowl from the Seahawks. ;D

That sock pattern is great! Makes me wish I could knit socks.

Anonymous said...

That colourway looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about red. I would never use solid red yarn but mixed with other colors and I don't mind the red. Love that color the diamond backs are going to look great!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty yarn! I like that bit of yellow.

Scoutj said...

You got totally amazing pictures of that!!! Can I take a few to upload to Flickr?

Unknown said...

Wonderful pr0n shots, Z! I love that colorway. I'm a big fan of yellow. I fear not the yellow! But yeah, it looks even better with the greys!

turtlegirl76 said...

Whops - that was me. I was doing my sp gourdess duties earlier.

Ragan said...

I have been such a bad blogger, and you have been soooo busy it will take me all afternoon to catch up on your great knitting! Love the socks!
:)

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I'm not a big fan of yellow either but that is beautiful!

TrixieG said...

I really, really like that. BTW, I tried to comment on your blog a while ago and my password didn't work. Finally figured out that blogger made some changes or something and did what they needed me to do. So here I am! All caught up and ready to comment!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! And now your sock pal has seen your blog...:-)she knows just what to do... I am kidding here; the colour combination is a nice one. But it won't be what I have in mind for you. I think you are going to like my idea...but it has to stay a secret until it arrives into your mailbox.

Anonymous said...

Awww... this yarn is to die for - the colors are a feast for the eyes!