Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ssssocks!

Yippee, yahoo, these are done!!!

Fanny Socks
Socktopia April Challenge socks: Fanny
Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Faded Jeans-I like how the colors turned out.
US 1- sock 1 on ML, sock 2 on 2 Circs. Done simultaneously. That is a good way for me to beat SSS! Whether I use DPN's/ML/2 circs...to accomplish this, as long as the needles are the same size I go for it. I attempted 2 on 2 circs...but the yarns twisting, blech..spent too much time untangling than knitting!

This pattern called for 1 x 1 rib on the arch! I'll let you know more about that when I wear them! I do like the pattern and if the ribbing works ok with my feet, I am anxious to try a few different yarns...sportweight being #1 on my list ;)

The yarn: I know a lot of people want to hear about it. Yes it is splitty!! It is basically 4 strands of thread together. Frogging does not help this yarn at all LOL! (ask me how I know!) The pattern calls for a Short Row Heel and toe...well, luckily the designer sent us the alternative heel and I did a regular toe, yeah, cause I was chicken. I can handle a toe up SRT, with this yarn, I was so not going to even go there!!

Will I use this yarn again....yes, I have 2 pairs worth to knit...it really is so much softer than Fixation. But, the fixation isn't splitty. Sigh..not for a while...I need a tiny break from fingering weight!!


Fanny Socks
A better idea on the arch ribbed support.

Squeee!! I just got a comment on my last post from my Sockapalooza pal!! Yeah! Now to wait to see who I have...could be one of you that reads my blog...then again, maybe not LOL!

20 comments:

weezalana said...

Very nice! I like how the colors knitted up, too. Thanks for the heads up on the splitty, non-frog-friendly qualities of the Panda. That knowledge will definitely come in handy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks!

Bezzie said...

I think cotton non-fixationy sock yarn frogs poorly in general anyway. But then again I can only vouch for Sockotta ;)
Great results though! Love that color!

Karen said...

I really like your socks, they are so pretty. I hate those yarns that are basically thread strands held together though. I knit a baby sweater in yarn like that and it took so long to get used to it.

Sonya said...

Great socks! I hate those splitty yarns, but your socks turned out beautifully. I love your sock blockers too.

Alisha said...

Those are great. I like the way the ribbing looks. Neat!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on Panda. I like how yours turned out.

Anonymous said...

Cute, and thanks for reviewing the yarn.

Anonymous said...

Very nice- I was wondering about that yarn. I just finished some socks in Sockotta and the way the color runs work out looks really similar.

knottygnome said...

wow, those look great. sorry the yarn is splitty, but thanks for taking the time to try it out for us so now we all know without having to try it ourselves. :-)

Macoco said...

The socks look great!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

They look great! And thanks for the yarn review too. :)

Knitting Bandit said...

Great socks. You've inspired me to try them. I could use a quick knit. Plus, it is the time of year for shorties!

Anonymous said...

They look great! I tried 2 at once on 2 circs. and found I was untangling more than anything as well. Now I am back to 1 at a time and suffering from SSS!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking sock! I love the colours. I've done a few pair with ribbing on the arch and hated them, on the other hand, hubby loves his knit that way.

Fiber-4-U said...

I like those in blue !! I'm going to have to break down and order some, oh darn ;)

Glad the alternative heel worked !! I'm kinda excited ya called me a 'designer' and all !!

I hope I didn't stear you wrong with that yarn, I know you said you were going to get some after I wrote that review... :)

cpurl17 said...

I like your socks!! They came out great.

I have my pink cotton panda to knit up....someday!

Anonymous said...

Those are great socks! Love the colorway.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks! And I really love the colorway!

KnitPastis said...

Looks like a perfect fit! You did a fabulous job on these.