Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So Comfy!

Well these socks (see post below) are just plain comfortable. In the upper 90 degree heat we have today..Yeah..May 2, and I want summer to be over already!!

They are so soft and so far the ribbing at the arch isn't bothering me at all.

However, I fear that I have turned off a lot of people from using this yarn. Now that I've worn them, I can look past the splitty factor. I really can as the wear factor just makes it worth it to me. So if you are given a chance to try it, I say go for it! I do have some left of this colorway that would make little baby socks I think. I may try to do both with 1 skein on the next pair.

I have enough for 2 pairs, so I'll be using it again. I won't order more as I do have other cottons to work with right now.

I'm very far behind on my blog reading! The sock madness to finish before the end of the month kept me pretty busy. Plus, I've gotta get that blanket done by next week! Eeeek I saw pregnant friend today, she's about ready to burst! (I seriously thought I had til the end of June! gah!)

Later! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the socks are working out!

Knit Z knit!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad they are comfy! I'm definitely looking forward to knitting mine up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I will have to keep my eye out for this yarn.

Karen said...

Thanks for the post-wear review. It's great to hear the splitty-knitting was worth the trouble. Good luck on your socks and blanket!

Anonymous said...

90 degrees? Ugh.
It's barely broken 70 here (though there was that one day it got to 86). I don't think I could handle 90F in May.

Glad the socks are working out. :)

sgeddes said...

I'm glad that you like the yarn. I bought some on my recent trip and now I'm looking forward to using it.

cpurl17 said...

That's good to hear! I have my Panda Cotton in the line up for next month's socks!

Anonymous said...

Glad your enjoying your socks! Good luck with the baby blanket.

Ragan said...

The socks certainly look comfy! It was 90 here too. Phew, it is going to be a hot summer.
Love the socks.