Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy Weekend

Well, I told you I'd have some FO's from some WIP's! Well here they are! You didn't see this one on WIP Wednesday, as by the time I posted, it was done.

Gryffindor Hat
Daughter's Gryffindor Hat from the Charmed Knits KAL.
Plymouth Encore Worsted in Burnt Sienna and Butternut
Size US 6 & 7 circs. Nice yarn, but I miss real wool. For her this yarn is a good choice.

No progress on her socks, in fact, had to frog the heel. I had some issues with it, and then realized just how hard she is on her heels(I want the socks to last more than 1 month!)..so I'm changing to a heel flap...maybe by next week! She still has no clue! ;)

Mason-Dixon bibs

Mason-Dixon Bibs
Left: Pink Lemonade
Right: Spring Meadows
US size 6 circs.
My first ones, not the last ones, but for a while they'll be! Hey, for those who have made them...I mean, finding a needle to thread the yarn through for the button..geesh!

I had lots of errands to do this weekend, so portable knitting got done first. Did you KIP on Saturday! I did, while waiting to have my first CT Scan for my sinuses...hehe..I see people getting these all the time at work...you know, it's hard to hold still LOL! Hoping visit to ENT at the end of the month will figure headaches/sinus stuff soon!

Me minus about 3lbs of hair!Oh, I got about 2 lbs. of hair cut off too! Well, maybe not that much, but it felt like it!! With such thick hair as mine, wearing it in hair clamps and pony tails, didn't help the headache factor, so off with some hair!

Yes, the needle case factory is in full swing. I have over 20 cut out and in various degrees of finishing. Have I mentioned before I hate to change thread colors back and forth, etc. So I do sew by color group..weird huh, but what can you do! I can be particular about my sewing too, and it's going well, not as fast as I'd like it, but I do want them to look good you know!

Z's Sewing Corner zee sewing corner


Sneak Peek! Cases in progress AKA WIP's!
Sneak Peek! Sneak peek for ya!
Hoping to have these all done by the end of the week, as I have even more fabric and orders to do. I like making them, more than I did the other cases! Thanks for letting me babble on about it!!! I promise I won't always be babbling about them!!

21 comments:

Bezzie said...

I don't mind the babble!

Nice haircut! I've got that heavy hair, so I know what you mean there.

Love the hat and bibs too. The bibs pooled very similarly.

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Love the HairDoo!!! Your sewing corner looks a lot like mine - Can hardly wait to see them finished. I too am very picky about my sewing - I have quilted for years and drive salespeople crazy trying to find just the right fabrics! Sue

Anonymous said...

The hat and bibs look great. Your hair looks nice too. I have thick hair as well and tomorrow I'm going to get mine chopped. It's too hot with all this hair during the summer.

sgeddes said...

Babble on - it's for a good reason! The cases look like a big hit!

The hat and bibs came out very cute.

I like the haircut and I know what you mean about the headaches from wearing your hair pulled back. Happens to me too.

Jo said...

Great hat! I love using Encore for kids knits - it feels nice, has half-decent colours, and is imminently washable.

Donna said...

I have very thick hair, too, so I can relate to the getting pounds of it cut off thing. I keep mine about collar length now.

The sewing by color makes perfect sense to me. I hate changing out the bobbins, re-threading the needle, etc.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the new haircut! I hope the sinuses are ok!

Gryffindor hat came out great and so did the bibs! I really can't wait to see more of zee needles case complete. THey look fabulous so far. Babble away :)

Anonymous said...

The haircut looks great!

I must get that Charmed Knits book, the hat is gorgeous!

weezalana said...

Please, babble away!

The hat looks great- as does the new 'do! I too have really thick hair, so I know what you mean.

Karen said...

Your new haircut looks so pretty!! Hopefully it will help keep the headaches at bay to - hurray for an added bonus.

I'm the same way with the sewing - hate changing thread so will sew as much in one color as I can. I don't know why - my machine is not hard to thread. I guess I'm just lazy. LOL

Dk's Wife said...

Your hair is pretty, and I think the bibs are cool looking!

I cannot believe how many needle cases you are doing! WTG!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy. Cool hat!

Sandra said...

OH, those neelde cases in progress really make me drool! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OMG you've got a BERNINA !! I can see it over there on your desk...

I'm hoping hoping hoping to get one this year !!

I have a few mahcines but nothing matches a Bernina !!

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy busy! The hat and bibs look terrific!

And your hair looks great, I bet it's much cooler now for that summertime heat.

Anonymous said...

How do we order a case?

Anonymous said...

Uh, oh, you're entering the world of a knitting business! Love your hair, it will be so much cooler for the summer.

Jennifer said...

I love the haircut! You look great. The Gryffindor hat is fantastic too.

Jessica said...

Love the hat and the bibs. Your haircut looks great. I hope it helps with the headaches. 2lbs is alot of hair to carry! :D

ZantiMissKnit said...

I love your haircut! I have really heavy hair, too, so I know what you were going through. That's why I keep mine really short.

Unknown said...

the hat is so cute! i'm just finishing up a hufflepuff hat and mittens set, they're really cute.

i'm also making the quidditch socks in ravenclaw colours... good gourd, they're taking FOREVER! i'll never want to touch 4x2 rib ever again...