Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Heh! You may see some familiar things here and something new. I am doing this, not to bore you to tears, but to keep this in my face and get me moving on them.. I did complete 3 things this week and well, I'm a bit busy right now! hehe.

PF Everday Cardigan Nope....nada progress
Peace Fleece Everyday Cardigan --in time out, not that it's bad, just wool and too hot right now..well until I need that size 8 needle! I'm not putting it on holders. I have about 8 -12 or more inches????


Anastasia Socks Redux Aha...a new one..well new to posting LOL..yeah, I'm going to do that too..someone out there knows I have more WIP's then I'm telling! I knit these in November, but had severely baggy ankles. They have been frogged and I did attempt one reknit, but going from the size 3 to 2's was too much difference, it looked...well..ugly, so refrogged and will work on decreasing the ankle with the 3's.

Yep...no progress
Sugar Free SocksKaren's Sugar Free Socks -I attempted 2 at one time on 2 circs..but a pain...heh, they look familiar..at the same stage as last time. Well, not too much longer as I need the circs!

Ahem...there is a bit of progress!!
Gryffindor Socks
DD's Gryffindor sock. Can only be knit in secret! I frogged the heel 2 times...1st time, tried YO Short row heel, and you know what happened. 2nd time, tried w&t..can't see the darned things.
Update: YO short row heel isn't strong enough for DD! So I am using the pattern from Wendy Knits for the Fingering weight toe-up with gusset heel sock and it is going great! Almost to the heel flap, then bombs away. Sadly, when I cut the yarn for the original heel, I left a bar. Well unless I have to frog again (please no!) it'll be a design element! She won't care and I'm hoping my "particular" self won't either....sigh!

Nope...nada progress
Pink Petal Blanket
Sadly....only 1 petal....5 more to go...wish me luck..I kinda lost the mojo on it! but I need it back cause I need the needles!!

Oh, my CT turned out to be normal..which is good, but man, despite the ton-o-hair removal, still with headaches, which is another reason for the slowness on all projects here. So please be patient with me! :)

FYI! RE: ordering needle cases. I plan to set up a separate temporary blog to take care of this batch when they are ready, hoping to set up an Etsy shop in the future. I'll let you know all details as they happen. In the meantime, any questions, please email me: zknitterAT gmail DOT com. To be fair to the people who are already on my e-list, I'll contact them first. Sorry if you have been trying to get in touch with me, I did post about it here and I also have my email in the upper right corner of my blog. If you ask in the comments, and there is no email (darned blogger) I can't get in touch with you. Sorry!

11 comments:

cpurl17 said...

I think you should put the Everyday Cardigan on hold and knit the Tangerine Twist with me instead!! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Very brave to put it all out there..no progress and all :) mine..I just hide away in the pretty knitting bags :)

The gryffindor socks are looking sooooooo pretty!!!!!! Love that yarn!

And the sewing blog... Z Sews and Sews and Sells and Sews! Can't wait :)

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, I like Irishgirl's name for your other blog.

I love the color on that Everyday Cardigan, but yes, I can see why that one has stalled. It's freakin' hot!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

how did i miss that first post? I'd definiltey love one. I'll be emailing you. The WiPs look great !

Anonymous said...

oooh, more lovely yarn in progress. i love the colorway of those socks. :-D

Batty said...

There are certain projects that want to be knit when it's cold outside. Just accept it... and knit Tangerine Twist with the rest of us! : )

You know who'll take any needle cases with bats off your hands within seconds. Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Lovely wips. I really like how those Gryffindor socks are coming along.

Glad to hear your CT scan went well. I hope you get relief from your headaches soon!

Anonymous said...

Aww, these are some goodie projects - I'm sure you'll finish them up in no time once you get going on them ;)
I'm glad that your CT scan went well - and hopefully you'll be rid of these headaches soon! All the best to you!

Anonymous said...

The gryffindor socks have progressed quite well for being knit in secret :).

Stacie said...

man, I am the single project knitting gal... and those pics confirm my suspicion! i would never finish anything w/out the threat of never being able to start a new project until the last is done... i have been knitting mason dixon bibs too! have a bunch o' babies comin my way...

Sonya said...

I'm stalled on all my big wooly projects too. I love the color of your Everyday Cardigan. I can see how the petals on the flower blanket could bog down. Sometimes stockinette is relaxing, sometimes it's mind-numbing. Great haircut too, BTW.