Sunday, July 08, 2007

The quiet is over....

Yep, the family is back, the cat is happy her mom is home and celebrated by her usual over eating and um..well let's be nice, uneating...she didn't do that with me all week! The dog is happy her smelly daddy is home too, I guess my clothes just don't have the "scent"!

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! Here's a picture of my Maine loot!

Maine Loot
Country Kitchen Doughnuts-my favorite!! I grew up with these and some always come home with me. There is an even better place that makes fresh ones, sadly they were closed all week for the 4th, so these will do til the next trip! Balsam fir candle and pillow! One of the scents I miss the most! Maple candy, yummy!!

Skunk hat FIL and SIL, thought I missed the skunks from Maine and needed something to remind me!

Le' Peppe Le Peu! Here's the hat in full pose.

Skunk hatLooks great, huh, especially with my cloud PJ's!

I had DD try on her Gryffindor socks...um..can you say, too long! I'm about to frog the toe back to the needle, and reknit a standard toe. Oh well, I also have to redo the bind off for the 3rd time. The knit 2tog, put one back on the needle and repeat, too tight, BO in pattern, too tight, new bind off will be in pattern on size 3 needles, 2 needle sizes up, and better work. Luckily, she tried on Sock 2 and I'll be starting that heel on Monday.
EEEK!
Have I told you yet, I am sick of knitting these!! I....will....finish....by...Wed...!!! If it kills me, I want them off the needles and on her feet!! Gah!

See this, probably the only sock swatch you'll ever see me knit. Hmm..below the marker on the right, size US2, above the marker US1's...same stitch count. So, since I really think the 1's will be a firmer fabric, going to use the 1's. This yarn is amazing!! I knit the swatch out of what was left after I had to cut a massive knot while winding. Just the right amount.
My first sock swatch

So, if you don't see me for a while...you know what I'll be doing, finishing the G'socks, starting Sockapalooza socks and......sewing like crazy! Well, see ya Wednesday anyways! :)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pair of sockapalooza socks are already waiting for you! Belated congrats on your birthday!

Your sockapalooza pal

Anonymous said...

That skunk is hysterical! :)

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Nice hat!!!

Batty said...

I love that skunk hat! It's the best!

Jennifer said...

I love the hat! That is too cool.

soapy said...

hmmmm now you know theres an outlet factory for those donuts around here....;o))) They don't' always have them but when they do I can be a good source for you...;o))
can't imagine not being able to get them?? Thought they were sold in most stores

Rebel said...

You're a better woman than I - I'd let your DD just grow into the socks! - zuma

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love the skunk hat!! Your family truly loves you!

I hear you on those Gryffindor socks!! I just want them done!! Of course, I'm an entire sock behind you...oh well...my deadline is book release :) Yours are looking great!

cpurl17 said...

Yay for treats that remind you of home!!! (well except maybe the skunk hat...)

Anonymous said...

Yay for great loot!

Unknown said...

That swatch sock yarn is gorgeous, what is it?

And the skunk hat reminds me of the skunk puppet my sister had as a kid. She used to carry it around in public and we would get the weirdest looks!

Stacie said...

oh! those Chucks are to die for!! and I really like the skunk hat!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you brought back lots of great birthday goodies!

Love the hat!

Anonymous said...

Yum doughnuts! Happy Belated Birthday!! Those Sheep sneakers are awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm..doughnuts!!!

LMAO @ the spunky hat. It looks cute.

I feel you about the socks! I've got some that I really want off of my needles!!!

lobstah said...

Had to LOL at the Country Kitchen doughnuts! Your sheepie Chuck Taylors are to die for!

Anonymous said...

I love the skunk! My house sits on what used to be known as "Skunk Hill". We moved in when I was pregnant. I'd sleep with the windows open and I quickly found out why it was called that! YUCK!

What part of Maine are you from?

Sonya said...

That is the greatest hat ever! The doughnuts look yummy too. ;o)

KnitPastis said...

Happy B-Day to you!!
Ohhh wow those donuts looks so good right now. I'll hope over and have one with a cup of coffee with you:) There is nothing like having a few things brought back from your favorite place.
You are one of the people I was thinking of as I started to get crazy today for ME TIME. Meaning, I don't have a minute to myself and won't for a long time coming. All I want is a few hours to lay around and read a book in a room with the door shut.LOL Your time is up now too.LOL

Unknown said...

Can I ask what the yarn in that swatch is? It's beautiful!