Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Well, we almost made it!! Daughter went to the movie today and due to circumstances beyond my control (ugh, work-oncall this past weekend, overtime..sigh), um reknitting the cuff on sock 1, 3 times, splittin' yarns, um...frogging 2" of toe... Need I say more?


Gryffindor Socks I have to admit, the frogging of the toe of sock 1, was a PIA, but it really looks good, and the best part, it fits her well! So far Sock 2 is going well! I only had to frog once to start the heel gusset increases as I had knit too far. I guess I thought she had larger feet than I!

So now that I have a week, and this is at the official mindless, in the car, waiting everywhere knitting point. Casting on of Sockapalooza Socks commences tomorrow. Yeah, I know, I know, only 2 weeks..I can do it...I have Wollmeise ;)

13 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Bummer...but those socks are filled with love!! You'll definately get them done by book premiere! They look fabulous!

Bezzie said...

You're a good mom. Chunky would have been wearing ill-fitting socks. ;-)

Well at least she'll have them for when the book comes out right?

soapy said...

ahhhh you'll get them done, don't' worry! They look great!

Jess said...

You can do it! Lookin' good.

sgeddes said...

You are a good lady to keep going. those would be hiding at the bottom of my knititng basket by now. I'm sure she's goign to love them!

Anonymous said...

The socks sure are looking good! Too bad you had to frog, but at least they'll fit her and she'll love them!

Kara said...

The socks are looking perfect. They are matched up perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Those are turning out absolutely perfect! I love them!

cpurl17 said...

They look good tho!

You could always tink the other sock and give her ped socks!

weezalana said...

I agree with the others - you'll make it by the book premiere! :) And so far, they look great!

Sonya said...

I love those socks! Would it freak you out to know that I have a box of HP books in my office? I evidently have to guard them with my life until release day.

Stacie said...

what a stellar mom! knit on, mom!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you've had so many setbacks with the socks. You'll get them done!