Wednesday, July 04, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Hi all! Still alive here! I've been catching up on some much needed rest the last day or so! Even got up late today!

As you can see, almost on the ribbing of Gryffindor Sock 1, the toe of sock 2 is at the upper right corner of the sock blocker! 1 ball of yarn left, and I have an angel in the wings with leftovers should I need it! (I should know by Friday for you to mail it!) Hoping to be done by the 11th or 12th when she goes to the movie, not sure though. Should go quick as I'm not having heel dilemmas and ripping out 10 times.....wish me luck!

Gryffindor Sock 1

I've swatched last week and cast on for my Ribby Shell! I got the yarn for this last year! Dale Svale in blue! I will finish this before the end of summer!!! Well, here in NC I can usually wear this until October!

Ribbi Shell

Status on other WIP's the same...too much sewing being done, not quick enough for me gah!!! About to start extreme sock knitting today with a bit of ribby shell in for change!! Bye!

12 comments:

Bezzie said...

You're pretty on the ball--you're the first WIP Wednesdayer I've seen all day!

Good luck with the second sock!

cpurl17 said...

Yay for sleeping in!! I didn't get up till (shhh) 9:45!!! (Boy were my cats hungry!)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better!!

Great job on those Gryffindor socks!! I think I've pushed my deadline to the book release...I want my Monkeys!! Thank goodness Rowan doesn't read your blog comments or she would be mad at me :)

And Ribby Shell??!! Go you!!

Jo said...

I really like the ribbi shell pattern as well - but as fluffy as I am, it would more likely be a ribbi vest to wear under my blouse. I love your socks, too!

Anonymous said...

The Gryffindor sock looks great. Your daughter's going to love them!

Love the color you chose for your Ribby Shell!

Jennifer said...

I got the needle case the other day and already have my Denise's inside it! I love it!

Sandra said...

I can only try to guess what it like to be able to knit and sew without kids around! Use the time the best you can - I know I would!

Sherrill said...

Love the Gryffindor sock...

I have yet to do a toe up sock. Hmmm, someday.

I have my second Booga on the needles...picked it up again after a long break from it. Hope to have that done in the next week or so.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling more rested and getting some great knitting done!

Batty said...

Great sock progress! Even the ribby shell is progressing, which is more than can be said for the back of several of my WIPs. It's almost like Second Sock Syndrome, only it's Back of Sweater Syndrome!

Anonymous said...

Cheering you on to finish the socks quickly, looking good!

That is a gorgeous blue you've chosen for the ribby shell. I'm sure you'll be wearing it in no time.

Rain said...

The sock looks fab. hope you get them done it time.