Sunday, July 01, 2007

An FO!

Esprit Ankle Socks

Elann Esprit in Carribean Breeze
Pattern by Cristi
I did use the Eye of Partridge heel for a change, not too bad! I also used her star toe instructions. I like that toe a lot!

Despite being sick, finished them for our June SAM KAL.

The yarn is ok, a bit tinier then Fixation, but this one ball had 2 knots!! A bit of cuff problem, as the first one was 48 sts and a bit loose, but the rest of the sock fits well. Sock 2 got frogged as I went down to 38 stitches for the cuff and didn't increase for the rest of the sock. So I had to do a few increase rows to get it up to 48 sts as that really feels good on the feet part.

Oh well, back to bed!

ETA: Well now I can barely talk, sound all squeaky! Throat isn't sore anymore! :) The family is on their little adventure and I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished. Have a ton of sewing and knitting to do!! If you are by my house and hear some needle flying...have fun seeing which ones! ;)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great socks!

Feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

Very nice, but two knots! That's not so good.

Rest and feel better!

Rain said...

They're fab. hope you're feeling loads better soon.

cpurl17 said...

Ok Zknitter, back away from the sewing machine...and get some rest!

Bezzie said...

Yeah don't push it too far. But then again, if you don't have to make conversation because you have no voice, knitting is a nice alternative to talking. ;-)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!! Love the socks!!

Batty said...

Feel better soon!

Very nice socks, I love sockies with stripes!

KnitPastis said...

You are on a roll here with knitting! Beautiful socks. a squeaking talking Zonda. My husband just got over that himself. It took him about three days to get his voice. No talking Z! LOL Enjoy your time alone with all your wonderful hobbies.

Anonymous said...

I love those colours!
Hope you feel better to enjoy your bit of alone time.

Rebel said...

Cute socks! - zuma

Anonymous said...

Great sock. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Karen said...

So cute. That pattern is so much like the one I did too . . . I guess it's true - there's not much that isn't out there already. I love the colorway on yours. I hope you are feeling better very soon . . . and I agree - don't push yourself to do anything you aren't feeling up to.

Anonymous said...

What fun socks!

soapy said...

Now I must find a sk of this color!!

Can I order just 1 sk?? ekkkks!

soapy said...

Great socks and I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Those should definitely make for comfy summer anklet socks! Cute! I love the blue in them. I hope to make a similar pair out of Cascade Fixation; we'll see if I ever get to them! LOL

Cindiluhu (Freezebabee) said...

I love that colorway! I still haven't finished a pair of socks. Didn't make June deadline. I'm working on a second sock so I should be able to do July.