Friday, July 20, 2007

YPF-The Rhubarb Version

I love Rhubarb! It doesn't grow well down here in the South, but every once in a while, my grocery store has it somewhat fresh. I love to eat a stalk with sugar, or put it in a pie with some strawberries, but my favorite is making Jelly/jam with it for me and my FIL.

Fiesta Yarns Boomerang
Fiesta Boomerang in Rhubarb Colorway
5 oz, 320 yds., Extra Fine Superwash Merino
Light worsted weight.

 Fiesta Yarns Boomerang
At first I thought socks?? But I've seen a few around and the fact that they would knit up fast is a plus!

Fiesta Yarns Boomerang

Not sure what pattern I'll make, maybe a slipped stitch rib, plain ole' rib, any suggestions??

Fiesta Boomerang Yarn
Happy Weekend Everyone!!
As for me, I'll be inside away from the heat, trying to breathe, sewing and knitting! :)

24 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Just gorgeous!! Love it!

Stacey said...

beautiful! the true colors of rhubarb!

Sonya said...

That really does look like rhubarb! My grandma makes a wonderful rhubarb pie. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color! Have a great weekend with your projects. :)

Bezzie said...

Ooo..I don't know. I'm a believer in that a pattern will come to the yarn. Not vice versa ;-)

Very pretty!

Karen said...

Mmmm, that yarn looks so yummy. :) Yes, my first thought was socks too (although I guess we have socks on the brain these days!) I always think slip-stitch rib looks really pretty - I've been meaning to do a pair myself.

sgeddes said...

Great close-up shots. I love all those colors. Amazing how popular rhubarb seems. You know I don't think I've ever tried it before. I'll have to gie it a shot.

Jennifer said...

So, so pretty!

soapy said...

very pretty yarn

I think 2/2 or 3/2 rib pattern ;o)

Stay cool & breathe!

Jo said...

I *so* love rhubarb. My favourite is just to make rhubarb sauce to put on ice cream :)

gilraen said...

Divine, where's the custard.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, beautiful colors! As for pattern, maybe Broadripple or Ampersand socks?

weezalana said...

Ooo, pretty! Rhubarb itself has always been a mystery to me. I think it's because it's used in pie, but looks like red celery!

Batty said...

I don't like the taste of rhubarb, but that yarn sure got my attention!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn!

Strawberry rhubarb pie is my favorite.

Unknown said...

delicious!

merlinthecat said...

super yummy!

Jess said...

rhubarb pie. My gram used to make it. Its been so long, I cant remember the taste, but those colors are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly beautiful colorway!

LadyLungDoc said...

Hard to believe that rhubarb won't grow well; I used to go over it with our lawnmower and it just kept coming back!!

Poops said...

I too can't imagine rhubarb not growing well. We have a patch that we just can't kill. It makes lovely pie, though! Strawberry-rhubarb is my favorite.

I don't think I'd make socks. That yarn's too pretty to be under shoes! Now mittens would be another thing...

KnitPastis said...

Such a beautiful colorway! I bet a pair of socks would look awesome in this yarn!

Anonymous said...

Yum, looks like a great pair of socks one day.

Jody said...

Love the color and I love rhubarb!
Dang it!!! Now I want a piece of rhubarb pie!!