Sunday, August 19, 2007

A few things....

First of all I want to thank both Pam and Donna for nominating me as a


rockingirlblogger

I'm very flattered and thank you both for this!

It's so hard to choose as um..well lets say I read a lot of blogs. Great for those insomniac nites, when I need a knitting break, or just to relax a bit after work.

So here are a few who I think Rock and haven't been nominated yet!

Shannon has amazing photography on her blog, whether it's yarn, an FO or WIP, or nature, I just love looking at her photos!

Sandra, I've been reading hers for a while and she is just a lot of fun! Whether she's knitting, sewing (her newest passion) she can tell great stories about her life in Croatia.

Carrie for her love of all things BMFA and enthusiam with knitting and life! (she's a great SP too!)

Lastly, my pal Cpurl, who is such a good friend, ear to bend, etc. She has great stories about the tales of her two gangsta kitties and thinks of such cool phototogs/montages (you know, posing her yarn!) or whatever you call it. Sadly, work has made her a tired girl and she barely gets to knit or post...here's hoping things slow down for you soon!

So there you go, ladies, continue on if you choose to!

And, since I don't usually like to post w/out a picture....nope, no FO's, too many irons in the fire so to speak LOL! But soon!

My new purse! I do make most of my purses, but I really wanted something with a section for everything, I'm tired of totes and having to paw through it all to find anything. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I'm loving it.

Haiku bag
I've been admiring these bags for a while and one day, decided to take the plunge and get it.
The upper photo shows the outer and the zippered back pocket (great for receipts and my checkbook!)
Inside
This is it loaded, to the right you can see my eyeglass case and two front pouch pockets. A big center pocket and a back zippered pocket.

Haiku bag
Right here is the hidden pocket (I call it.) it is right behind those 2 front pouch pockets. It holds a sock/small project. Yes it does have velcro, but see what I came up with. I cut a piece of the fuzzy velcro part and place it there when knitting. After I push everything down, remove, drop it on top of the knitting, and close. I like all the colors and how it is different, and a tiny bit girly. It holds all I need. Plus the adjustable (28-54" long) strap allows me to sling it across my body and have both arms free.

Outer front
14" w x 12" h
So if you are looking for a great purse with a lot of pockets, or a nice small, knitting bag go visit Scout's Swag and you can order your very own!

18 comments:

Susan said...

Ooooohhhhhh, evil woman!

I have been wanting one of those bags for such a long time. I must pay Scout a visit.

And dontcha love LoveSticks?

Katie stripes are perfection!

gilraen said...

Congratulations!! It's well deserved. :D

Love the bag :D

Bezzie said...

I've eyed those bags too--good to know they're as useful as they are purty!

Anonymous said...

Cute bag!

Scoutj said...

Thank you for the shout out. I have had my bag for almost a year now and absolutely LOVE it!

Karen said...

Congrats, Rockin' Girl!! And I love your new bag!

Sonya said...

Congratulations! Great bag too.

Stacey said...

congrats on Rockin'!! :)

cute bag - love the blue interior color and ALL the pockets!

Jennifer said...

I've been using a Haiku messenger bag for a purse for since Stitches West and am in love with it! Great color choice on yours.

Lauren said...

That is an awesome bag! If only I didn't have to go buy text books... boo

Jo said...

I love the blue and brown of the bag. One of these days I'm going to have to grown up and start carrying a purse. I'm 34 and I still carry around a small backpack...

cpurl17 said...

me!? me! you nominated me! awwwwwwww


I love the bag too!!

sgeddes said...

It is an honor just being nominated! :)

I love that bag. Pockets are a must~!

Anonymous said...

Very practical bag, and cute too. All those pockets are so handy.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You do rock Zonda!!! I love your blog!! Despite the yarn enabling (and now...bag enabling!!).

And to think you think I rock too! Thanks so much for nominating me!!! And in such great company too!!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

congrats on the award, I totally agree.

Oh great. It looks like everything I've been dreaming of in a bag, Now I want one :)

Anonymous said...

What a great bag! I covet one now. Congrats on your nomination - you are rockin'!

Anonymous said...

I love that bag!! I agree, one does get sick of totes and having to sort through everything in there. :(