Thursday, August 09, 2007

WIP it Thursday

Yeah, a day late, but at least you get one this week! I currently still have most of the WIP's I've shown you in the past. Here are 2 more.


The Socktopia Challenge for August is a Mystery Sock KAL. Since I'm no it the famous MS 3, (which causes no problems as I am not a lace knitter) this is more up my alley.

Mystery Sock KAL


Clue 1: the upper cuff/ribbing/heck what do you call it, is done on Sock 1, hoping to c/o the one for Sock 2 soon. I'm using Trekking Pro Natura in this colorway which by coincidence, Momma Monkey sent me as part of an SP package. It is ok to knit with so far, not splitty, and I really like the picture of the yarn from Little Knits. More on that in the future.

Now for my plain stockinette socks, you know the ones you carry around to knit while waiting places, the no need for a chart/instructions....well until you get to the heel LOL! Vesper in Neopolitan gifted to me by the lovely Cristi upon our first IRL meeting last fall. This yarn is really soft and squishy. I wasn't expecting that. Sometimes you really can't tell how a yarn feels all skeined up. More on those later as well.

Ice cream Sock

Oh...remember that deviated septum thingy? Well it is going to be fixed this morning, yikes! I'm not sure how I'll be feeling in the next few days, so I may be here, I may be not. Taking next week off for recovery as they can't remove the certain post op bandage thingy (hey don't wanna gross you guys out!) until the 17th. So hoping I'll feel good to get a few certain WIP's done!!

bye!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I've been thinking about you all day. I hope the surgery went well and you are resting comfortably. I'll hold down the SAM4 fort until you are back on your feet. :)

weezalana said...

Hope the surgery went well! And hey, a week of for knitting, cool! ;)

Sonya said...

I hope your surgery went well. And that you have lots of knitting time during recovery.

soapy said...

Hope everything went well for you and your not to stuffy!!lol
Hey I've been thinking of you and hoping the best and quickest recovery for you! I know exactly and all to well how your feeling right now!
HUGS!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I hope you are feeling better soon and that the surgery went well!! I'm thinking about you!

Jennifer said...

I hope the procedure went well, and that you are resting comfortably!

Elysbeth said...

Recover well! Remember squeezing yarn lowers blood pressure.