Friday, August 10, 2007

YPF-The Rhabarber/Rhubarb Part Deux

Hi folks! I'm doing ok! A bit of a headache as I slept through the last pain med timeframe, so I was up early eating some toast and drinking coffee...with creamer. You know they don't let you have creamer/dairy products the day of surgery,and I so don't drink it without it.

Good thing I have yarn pr0n in the wings! Not up to taking pictures yet.

Wollmeise in the Rhabarber Colorway.
Wollmeise Sockenwolle Superwash
It might look mighty familiar as Shannon posted hers. Hey, maybe we should make sure we knit our up before the end of October ;) huh?


Wollmeise Rhubarb
Love the colorway!
Wollmeise Sockenwolle Superwash
But I am partial to Rhubarb anyways. Which due to extreme heat here in NC, we cannot grow it.

I got my Sockapalooza socks yesterday! Pictures when it's lighter outside and I'm up to it, as I want really good pictures, but I am squeeing, she made up the pattern herself! I love them.

Off I go, the pain meds are kicking in and I cannot be responsible for what is said LOL!
bye!

19 comments:

Bezzie said...

God that stuff is gorgeous.
Can you at least buy frozen rhubarb at the store in NC???

Lauren said...

Oh I love that stuff. I had never heard of wollmiese until a day or two, and now it seems like everyone is talking about it. No wonder!

Stacey said...

that color is amazing. truly Rhubarb!!!!!

Knit Masala said...

Wollmiese does seem to be all the rage, and that is a beautiful colorway.

Hope you're feeling better!

sgeddes said...

I like it :)

Im all for trying to have it knitted up by October. I just need to picka pattern to get started.

Ragan said...

Ok, that explains it. I keep planting rhubarb...and do not have any luck (I am in NC).
Hahaha...the yarn is great!
I hope that you are feeling better!!! Pain meds will make for some odd posting I would imagine. I hope that you are getting lots of rest.

funfairiegirl said...

*drools*

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that definitely looks like rhubarb! I haven't had any in years, but now I definitely want some!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Zonda, that Wollmeise is just lovely. I keep seeing it everywhere and it's just so pretty, but this stuff is gorgeous.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, too.

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!

Sonya said...

Beautiful yarn! Yay! for pain meds.

gilraen said...

Good luck Zonda, will you have to do saline sniffs after the dressings/packings come out?

I love the colours in these yarns. This is my favourite colourway so far. :)

Stacie said...

uh oh... posting on pain meds!! that is such a great colorway, it looks just like the stuff growing in the garden... could you knit me up a crisp?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I would have to agree that this is my favorite colorway that I have seen online of Wollmeise! Soooooo pretty!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Yay!! for sockapalooza socks!!! Can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn!

peaknits said...

Thank you for coming by my blog - so I got to follow links to more Wollmeise - it's so fabulous. I just finished my first rhubarber sock and it feels so good! I'l have to keep watching to see what becomes of yours:) Hope you feel 100% soon!

Beth said...

Oooh, that's some pretty Wollmeise! I just love the way my Wollmeise smells. Mmmm!

I was admiring your socks you sent to Sheri. They're very, very nice.

Glad to hear you're recovering well from surgery.

Avrienne said...

Very cool. I do love warm colorways, but somehow they never seem to make it home with me, half my stash is blue, green and purple!

Anonymous said...

Each time I see this color and this Wollemeise yarn I think to myself--I just have to order some of that and check it out in person.

The color is amazing!

How do you like knititng with it? Does it compare to other brands? Those blue sockapalooza socks you made are very nice!